If you've been following me on Instagram, you may have ascertained that I am currently in Maryland...Chesapeake Bay, to be exact. We've had a lovely time exploring during our long weekend and I managed to document a quick sightseeing look in the images that follow below!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
// THE PRODUCTS // We encountered a spot of unseasonably warm weather and, to coordinate with the sunshine, I opted for a long-lasting, even base, bronzed and glowy cheeks (with a pop of peach) and an ultra-nude lip.
- *Surratt Surreal Real Skin Foundation #6 (reviewed HERE): My current shade match, I am ever in love the this sublime foundation; it offers fantastic coverage with a nearly invisible finish that performs at a practically waterproof level. I am (as always) in earnest when I say that I get 10+ hours of flawless wear with this base. Magnifique.
- *Sisley-Paris Concealer #2 (reviewed HERE): Applied with my trusty *Jenny Patinkin Domed Multi-Blender Brush, this concealer has become my go-to to instantly brighten the under eye region; don't let the apricot undertone dismay you...it's precisely that hue that cancels darkness and the skincare benefits work under the surface to brighten the orbital area with continued use. My only regret is that it took me this long to try it!
- *Girlactik Bronzer in Cabo: A true tan brown, this matte bronzer imparts a lovely warmth without being the slightest bit orange. This formula is a must for matte bronzer enthusiasts.
- *Kevyn Aucoin Neo-Highlighter Palette in Sahara (reviewed HERE): I love this palette to create a warm incandescence on the high points of my face...the olive undertones work well with my NC 25 skin.
- *Stellar Beauty Cosmic Blush in Flare: My first foray into the Stellar Beauty brand (new at Sephora), this radiant blush applies sheerly but has gorgeous color payoff that makes the skin glow. Flare is a soft coral pink that would flatter a spectrum of skin tones...it's utterly perfect for spring.
- Tom Ford Cream and Powder Eyeshadow in Golden Peach (reviewed HERE): A forever favorite, I have two Golden Peaches on back up and hope it is perennially available. The warm and luminous eye works just as well as night as it does in the day and the crease-free formula lasts until I choose to remove it.
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Taupe (reviewed HERE): All I use to tame, polish and enhance my brows...truly the best on the market.
- Sisley-Paris So Intense Mascara (reviewed HERE): Two coats add immense depth, length and volume...a nearly perfect mascara in my book.
- *Gucci Impact Smoky Eye Pencil in Black (reviewed HERE): Swept along my waterline, it stays in place for hours; in fact, it's my favorite black eyeliner to date.
- *...& Other Stories Chubby Lip Pencil in Bouillonne Truffle: This muted mauve has an almost grey undertone but is still extremely wearable; the formula is hydrating, smooth and long lasting (with excellent opacity and shine). I can't wait to try this lip pencil in other shades!
|Swatches in outdoor sunlight.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|A view from our balcony.|
The following images reflect all products in action...
|The eye look.|
|We happened upon this amazing abandoned foundry...so wild to imagine all the life this structure has seen.|
// STYLE NOTES // Easy pieces for fickle springtime weather...this outfit made sightseeing a delight.
- Equipment France Gretchen Cotton Shirt: Currently on sale, this cotton blouse features extremely comfortable off-the-shoulder styling that is perfect for the warmer months ahead. I am so glad that ordered it last week. For reference, I ordered a size small, which I typically wear in Equipment as the brand runs a little big on me. This fits perfectly and has enough room to feel very cool, even in a humid climate.
- FRAME Le Original Jeans in Alabama Wash: With a medium rise and relaxed feel, the holes are casual but not overdone.
- Gucci Belt: (also available HERE and worn HERE): An investment piece that effortlessly integrates into nearly every outfit, I have absolutely no regrets about this purchase.
- Adidas Stan Smith Classics: I bought these out of necessity late last year (I was out for the day and my heels were killing me) and couldn't love them more; clean and indubitably classic, they go with me on every single trip.
- Vintage Chanel and Cartier jewelry...I have found some incredible piece on The Real Real!
--Shop the Style--
|Jethro in the hotel room; he is the most amazing traveler.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this on-location story and would love to know which products and style elements may have caught YOUR eye.
What have you been up to this weekend? Do tell!
Good things ahead, including my comprehensive By Terry Tropical Sunset Collection review (preliminary swatches HERE + sign up for early access HERE) and a host of new product procurement...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
**PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-17 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.