|Introducing the Hourglass GIRL Lip Stylo.|
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the Hourglass GIRL Lip Stylo in action as well as the Bottom Line...
From tender nude to bold and vibrant plum, there is a *GIRL Lip Stylo for every lip color lover...
Featuring sleek and modern brown and gold packaging, the luxurious cylinders hold brilliant, retractable bullets of rich and moisturizing lip color that offers build able coverage and extremely comfortable wear.
Here are my initial impressions:
- The formula is smooth and silky with marvelous color payoff.
- The color can be applied sheerly or built to nearly full opacity with a few passes; the formula is light enough to feel weightless, even when intense coverage has been achieved.
- The scent is very light--slightly vanilla in nature--and there is no discernible taste.
- My perennially dry lips felt extremely hydrated and comfortable over the course of wear. Additionally, I get 3-4 hours of lasting power before feeling the need to touch up.
- All shades have a creamy, subtly shiny finish; none of the shades appear to have any shimmer or pearl, yet the overall effect has beautiful dimension.
- All in all, I am extremely pleased with the *Hourglass GIRL Lip Stylos and can't wait to incorporate them into my beauty routine.
|All 20 shades.|
Official details, courtesy of Sephora:
A lip color with the intensity of a lipstick that’s infused with a blend of hydration for the appearance of softer, fuller lips.
The silky, weightless formula blends modern color with luxurious hydration for a lustrous finish. It features a hydrating blend of shea butter, jojoba, mimosa, and sunflower seed to nourish dry lips and give a silky, soft finish. The precision tip allows for easy and precise application throughout the day without the need for sharpening.
"This all-in-one hybrid formula is my go-to, everyday lip color. I can build as much—or as little—color as I like while leaving my lips soft, hydrated and perfectly polished."—Carisa Janes, Hourglass Founder
For swatching purposes, I divided the *Hourglass GIRL Lip Stylos into two groups of 10: the NEUTRALS and the BOLDS.
- Believer: Peachy beige
- Creator: Soft pink nude **worn at the end of this post
- Explorer: Soft pink coral **worn at the end of this post
- Seeker: Pinky rose
- Peacemaker: Peachy nude
- Achiever: Deep mauve
- Influencer: Deep rose beige
- Dreamer: Peachy pink
- Idealist: Honey nude
- Futurist: Mauve nude
|The Neutrals in natural sunlight.|
|Swatches of the neutrals in direct sunlight and shade.|
- Activist: Neutral rose
- Inventor: Soft rose
- Lover: Vibrant red orange **worn at the end of this post
- Innovator: Neutral red
- Visionary: Brick red
- Icon: Blue red
- Leader: Vivid fuchsia **worn at the end of this post
- Liberator: Deep berry
- Protector: Rich berry (leans slightly purple on my lips) **worn at the end of this post
- Warrior: Deep plum
|The Bolds in natural sunlight.|
|Swatches of the bolds in direct sunlight and shade.|
|All 20 shades.|
|The complete look.|
In the images at the end of this post, I combined five of my favorite *Hourglass GIRL Lip Stylos with the following products:
- *La Prairie Line Interception Power Duo: This genius skincare pairing features a SPF 30 day formula and potent night formula--side by side--to dramatically transform the look of lines in an impressive two weeks! I have just begun my trial and can't wait to chart my progress. Keep an eye out for an update on my results as well as details on it's official launch later this month.
- *Hourglass Vanish Foundation Stick in Beige (reviewed HERE): On heavy rotation, I reach for this brilliant foundation constantly.
- *La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder in Natural Beige (reviewed HERE): Just a touch down my T-zone to set...this is also an incredible touch up powder when your skin needs a boost.
- *Hourglass Ambient Lighting Surreal Light Palette (reviewed HERE): I used all shades to bronze, blush and highlight...this palette simply does it all!
- *Giorgio Armani Maestro Blush Brush: This ultra fluffy brush applied the above powders with ease.
- *Le Metier de Beaute LE Smoke & Mirrors Eyeshadow Palette (reviewed HERE): Silky and long lasting, the shadows in this palette create a warm and smoky effect that is excellent for a casual daytime look. I particularly love the bronzy red tones for a uniquely polished eye.
- *IT Cosmetics Superhero Mascara (reviewed HERE): Two coats on my upper lashes for some serious flutter.
- *Surratt Beauty Pointilliste Mascara: The diminutive brush coats lower lashes with a healthy dose of mascara without clumping or smudging...it truly allows each lash--even the tiny ones--to flourish.
- *Edward Bess Genre (reviewed HERE): This warm, smoky and androgynous fragrance is divine in the winter, though I suspect I'll be embracing it year round!
|For the skin.|
|For the face.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|For the eyes.|
|The full eye look.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
The following images reflect all products in action in afternoon sunlight...shirt by Seven for All Mankind:
**Photos by Laura Lynn.
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this swatch heavy overview of the stunning *Hourglass GIRL Lip Stylos (also available at Sephora + Hourglass) With hues the beguile and names that inspire, this collection takes lipstick to the next level.
Which shade(s) caught YOUR eye? Do tell!
Good things ahead, including a By Terry Techno Aura Collection feature, some fresh product discoveries and a new video...truly hope your week is going well thus far.
--The Beauty Professor
**PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-17 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.