Today's round of beauty discoveries has a theme: each of these carefully curated products embodies the very essence of elegance. Stunning in both form and function, they have fast become a part of my current routine and collectively contribute the creation of an effortless, subtle and sophisticated look with a touch of Parisian flair! Also, Shopbop is currently in the midst of its Main Event (now through October 14th); in light of the insane savings that this promotion brings, I've included a brief shopping guide to some key elements of fall style.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action as well as a Shopbop shopping guide and the Bottom Line...
// HAIR + SKIN //
(1) *The Shhhowercap in Noir: Available exclusively at Violet Grey, this clever and luxurious update of the traditional shower cap features luxurious waterproof fabric (this cap practically feels and looks like a chic turban) and an inner band that grips without denting the skin or compromising hair's volume. One word of warning: once you embrace a shower cap of this caliber, it will ruin you for all others!
(2) *Leonor Greyl Huile Secret de Beaute Hair and Skin Oil: Boasting an impressive cult following, this decadent French oil works on all hair types to add moisture, enhance manageability and impart a glowing shine; its ability to tend to the skin with equal efficacy makes this multitasker a must.
(3) *Tatcha Pure Camellia Cleansing Oil: I've only recently started using cleansing oils with more fervor (perhaps it's the latest batch of incredibly indelible foundations--here's looking at you, Tom Ford--that have mandated this additional reinforcement) and this gem is one of the best I've tried. Light yet potent, it removes every trace of makeup whilst leaving my skin balanced and hydrated.
(4) *Maison Margiela Replica Blur Filter (also reviewed HERE): I am loving the cotton musk notes of this particular juice; designed to be layered with your fragrance wardrobe to augment and enhance the uniqueness of each scent choice, I also enjoy wearing Blur alone for a clean skin scent with a dash of mystery.
// COMPLEXION //
(5) *Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance: I've used this primer on and off for years and find that if offers an extra "something" when my skin is battling dullness and needs and needs an illumination boost. A pea-sized amount of the lush formula is enough to bathe my canvas in moisture and a tender glow that extends the wear of the foundation applied subsequently.
(6) *Giorgio Armani Crema Nuda (also reviewed HERE and available at Neiman Marcus): Now available in a brilliantly portable 1 oz. travel size, this lauded formula expertly traverses the delicate terrain between skincare and foundation, offering a nourishing tinted formula that moisturizes and evens skin tone while lasting for hours on end.
The buildable coverage is absolutely noteworthy for a hybrid formula; one can achieve light coverage with just a bit but work their way to a perfecting-yet-still-invisible-on-the-skin nearly medium coverage with a touch more of the product.
Currently, I am mixure of 04 Medium Glow and 03 Fair Glow, though I would easily exclusively be 04 in the summer and likely will be wearing 03 on its own in the dead of winter. My skin LOVES this formula (no breakouts or irritations...just a smooth and glowing visage) and I am excited that Crema Nuda's smaller bottles will now make this remarkable formula accessible to so many more #foundationphiles!
|Crema Nuda swatches in direct sunlight.|
Crema Nuda comes in 5 shades...4 are pictured above and below:
- 02 Light Glow
- 03 Fair Glow
- 04 Medium Glow
- 04.5 Light-Medium Glow (not pictured)
- 05 Warm Glow
|Swatches in outdoor shade.|
|Swatches in sunlight.|
// CHEEKS //
(7) *Surratt Beauty Artistique Blush in Aureole and Grisaille: Nestled in a *customizable palette, this unique pairing offers highlighting and bronzer/contouring capabilities in a single case. Grisaille is a neutral medium brown that adeptly sculpts and defines the face without creating harsh telltale lines. It has been my fall skin bronzer of choice as of late and, when combined with the golden pearlescent glow of Aureole, my skin has a natural depth and radiance that works with nearly any makeup look I am aiming to achieve. This genius duo of finely milled powders (with marvelous color payoff, I might add!) needs to be in your arsenal.
(8) *Surratt Beauty Artistique Highlight Brush: I use this ultra-soft brush to sweep the Aureole along the high points of my face (upper cheek bones, brow bones, down the bridge of my nose and atop my Cupid's bow) and it blends the powder so effectively that "lit from within" seems the only possible explanation.
(9) *Edward Bess All Over Seduction in Paradise (also reviewed HERE): This creamy illuminator-meets-blush imparts a dewy, peachy pink flush that's endlessly pretty. I like to focus application on the apples of my cheeks and then sweep upward for a lifting effect. The diminutive compact is the perfect companion for one's makeup bag, hence, why it's always in mine!
|My *Surratt Beauty Aureole/Grisaille custom palette.|
|Swatches in mixed outdoor lighting.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|A swatch of *Edward Bess Paradise in direct sunlight.|
// EYES //
(11) *Kevyn Aucoin Making Eyes Kit: A Space NK exclusive, this divine five-piece set has every component necessary to create a complete eye look--including brows and lashes--in mere minutes. With an emphasis on classic tones that range from subtlety to downright smoky, The Eyeshadow Palette #2 is a neutral minimalist's new best friend.
The fresh mascara formula creates lush lashes in two coats (use the lash curler for extra impact) and the eyeliner adds a touch of smoulder when smudged on the upper lashline and pop when placed at the waterline. To finish the look sweep the slim and retractable brow pencil through your arches to define and polish while still looking entirely natural...brilliant!
|The *Kevyn Aucoin Making Eyes Kit.|
Official details, courtesy of Space NK:
|Eye Shadow Palette #2.|
|Swatches of the Eyeshadow Palette #2 in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches in mixed outdoor lighting.|
|*Kevyn Aucon Making Eyes Kit on the eyes.|
|From top to bottom: eyeliner, brow and mascara swatches.|
// LIPS //
The following images reflect all products in action in afternoon lighting; also, do scroll on for my Shopbop Main Event Shopping suggestions...
// Style Talk // A super soft cashmere sweater (this one is the Calais model by Equipment France) with a delightful deep v-back all at once looks classic and modern.
As aforementioned, Shopbop is having its Main Event; it is running now through October 14th at 11:59 PM PST. With the code: MAINEVENT16, get 25% off of your entire order up to $500. Spend more than $500 and get 30% off!
Here are a few of my shopping suggestions:
- Equipment Calais V-Back Sweater: Similar to the one worn above and below, this particular version employs the use of silver lurex for a subtle gleam that will take you through the holidays with ease.
- Frame Denim Le Garcon Jeans: A marvelous mix of boyfriend and straightleg styling, this cut will work just as well with heels as does with tennies. Frame jeans have secured their place as my favorite brand as of late...the denim and cuts are so darn flattering.
- Rag & Bone Bree Raglan Reversible Coat: Two coats in one? Yes, please!
- Rachel Comey Mars Mules: Mules aplenty are on the horizon for this fall and winter and this pair from Rachel Comey is equal parts unique and wearable.
- A.L.C. Tate Dress: A new twist on the LBD, I love the cutouts on top and the swingy lines on the bottom--this is calling my name for both work and play!
- Rag & Bone Aspen Booties: A fresh update on the classics we've all come to love, this blonde tone will look so good with dark denim. Need.
- Linda Farrow Luxe Rimless Top Sunglasses: I've had my eye on these for awhile and the 30% savings definitely is compelling.
- Ash Bowie Wedge Sneakers: My Ash wedge sneakers are some of my most comfortable and the fact that this model comes in three different colors guarantees that I must add another pair to my collection.
- Della Choker Necklace: Streamlined and wearable in nearly any situation, I love this subtle take on the choker trend.
--Shop the Style--
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you found this post elegantly enlightening and would love to know what may have caught your eye!
To reiterate, the Shopbop Main Event ends on October 14th at 11:59 PM PST. Use the code: MAINEVENT16, get 25% off of your entire order up to $500 and 30% off your order of $500+! .
Too many exciting things coming up on BP...from foundation to holiday collections and everything inbetween, I have you covered ; )
Thanks, as always, for your loyal readership and beauty friendship...it's a joy to connect with you here!
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-16 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.