|Above: FBF by Check Nagare Wrap.|
Last week, I spent sometime on the coast of Central California (detailed HERE); this gorgeous stretch of land and sea afforded me the perfect opportunity to wear (yet again!) my *Nagare Wrap from the emerging independent line FBF by Checka. Currently in the midst of a Kickstarter campaign (contribute and get a FBF by Checka tank top), this brand, designed by LA local Francesca Skwark, features creative pieces with a casual flair. Inspired by the streamlined genius of this particular wrap--note the black, white and gray color palette, flowing lines and unique layered cut--I coupled it with curated neutral makeup favorites for a breezy take on coastal style.
Kindly scroll on for more images, beauty details, swatches and the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: Worn with a simple black tank, Rag and Bone Dre Boyfriend Jeans (reviewed HERE) and some black Ash high tops, the Nagare Wrap exudes casual chic.|
|Above: It's an excellent summer wrap for cooler mornings and breezy afternoons.|
|Above: I love garments with a generous amount of material...you?|
|Above: Products for a pared down and neutral look.|
Since I was technically camping at Limekiln, I kept my beauty look pared down and focused on neutrals, the likes of which included:
- *Amore Pacific Resort Collection Sun Protection Stick SPF 50 (reviewed HERE): As an initial base, this lightweight sunscreen provided me with formidable protection in a unpredictable outdoor environment.
- *Mirenesse 10 Collagen Cushion Compact in Mocha (swatched and reviewed HERE): This is currently a perfect match for my NC 27-30 summer skin and I adore the coverage, hydration and finish this formula provides.
- *Guerlain My Terracotta Hydrating Powder in Natural Brunettes: Housed in a coral case, this classic bronzer has just enough luminosity to create a believable bronze effect...so timeless.
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle: I picked this highlighter up a week or two ago and finally got around to giving it a spin. It is finely milled--almost creamy to the touch--and the flattering champagne sheen instantly brightens the face without a powder finish. I'm impressed.
- *Koh Gen Do Silky Moist Powder Compact in #123 (reviewed HERE): As a touch up formula with a bit of extra coverage, this has been a staple in my purse as of late.
- *Viseart Sultry Muse Palette (reviewed HERE): I focused on the warm nudes in rows 1 and 2 to add dimension to my eyes...this is such a versatile gem!
- MAC Cherish Lipstick: This peachy nude cream makes the lips look lush and full without the use of liner...this was one of my signature colors in college and I recently was drawn to it again, much to my delight. It is dark enough to keep the face from being washed out but has the ideal balance of beige for a truly "nude" result.
|Above: Although it was overcast, the UV rays were strong--I combatted potential damage with the Amore Pacific Resort Collection Sun Protection Stick SPF 50. Great for touchups on the go, the stunning gold tube can be easily tossed into a handbag.|
|Above: Some simple MAC neutrals...Soft and Gentle and Cherish.|
|Above: A swatch of MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle...this highlighter holds its own amongst many more expensive versions I own.|
|Above: MAC Cherish brings me back to my college days...I don't know why it took me so long to return to this subtle yet pigmented nude!|
|Above: A swatch of MAC Cherish in direct (yet fleeting on that afternoon!) sunlight.|
|Above: A swatch of the Guerlain My Terracotta Hydrating Powder in Natural Brunettes.|
The following images reflect all products in action on location at Limekiln State Beach, CA...
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this on-location style and beauty post and, if you like to cocoon yourself in soft fabric, I encourage you to take a peek at the Nagare Wrap. I love to support independent brands whenever possible, especially when the style resonates with my own aesthetic and as aforementioned, FBF by Checka is in the final two weeks of a Kickstarter campaign!
Good things ahead, including a fresh style-centric post and my comprehensive Nordstrom Anniversary Sale shopping guide, slated to go live tomorrow (Thursday, June 9th)...in the meanwhile, here are some important dates to keep in mind:
- July 9th-16th: Nordstrom Rewards Members (card holders) get early access to the sale.
- July 17th-August 2nd: Public Access
--The Beauty Professor
** PR sample provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish contenth and/or photos without author's written permission.