|Above: Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation samples, ready to be swatched outdoors.|
I have lauded the merits of the Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation in a full review as well as a host of videos and FOTD's. Since this spectacular formula can be a bit of a challenge to track down (domestically, the line is carried at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman), I am happy to share swatches of all eight shades of the foundation in various lighting situations as well as a video featuring swatching in action! Hopefully, this post will be of great use for those of you who may not have a Kanebo Sensai counter in your neighborhood but are interested in trying this foundation.
Scroll on for a copious amount of swatches, shade descriptions, the video as well as the Bottom Line (including my Kanebo Sensai specialist's contact information!)...
|Above: Each of the shades came in their own generously-sized pot (specific to Neiman Marcus stores).|
|Above: Swatches of all eight options in outdoor shade.|
|Above: Close up swatches of the last four shades in outdoor shade.|
|Above: Swatches of every shade in direct sunlight.|
|Above: The last four shades swatched in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Swatches in outdoor shade providing more contrast.|
|Above: Swatches in indoor lighting.|
1. CF 11 Creamy Beige NW/N/NC 10-15: very light beige for fair skin with neutral undertones
2. CF 12 Summer Breeze NW/N 15: light beige for fair skin with neutral to rosy undertones
3. CF 13 Warm Beige NC 20-25: light beige for light skin with warm, yellow, even peachy undertones
4. CF 14 Bamby Beige N/NW 20-25: light beige for light skin with rosy undertones
5. CF 22 Natural Beige N/NC 23-27: light beige for light to light-medium skin with neutral to yellow undertones
6. CF 23 Almond Beige N/NC 30: medium beige for medium skin with neutral to yellow undertones
7. CF 24 Amber Beige N/NC 35-40: medium to dark beige for medium to tan skin with neutral to yellow undertones
8. CF 25 Topaz Beige NW/N/NC 45-50: dark beige for medium-dark skin (dark tan) with all undertones.
And now for the video swatching session...
|Above: At the end of a successful swatching session!|
Bottom Line: The Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation makes my short list of favorite foundations amongst the incredible amount of foundations I've tried over the past few years. If you can find a suitable match, the brilliant medium coverage that lasts the entire day, the hydrating and balancing skin care properties and the gorgeous, dewy, skin-like finish work collectively to make this a foundation worth pursuing!
**If you are not near a Neiman Marcus or Bergdorf Goodman (where Kanebo Sensai counters are located), I suggest contacting my Kanebo Sensai specialist, Kimmie (949/759-1900 ext. 2121) at the Neiman Marcus at Fashion Island in CA. She is an excellent resource who truly knows the line inside and out.