Here's a brief video on some new products (from Koh Gen Do, Illamasqua, By Terry, Chanel & Givenchy) that I've been loving lately. For your convenience, I've annotated their titles in the video! I am also trying out a new lighting and background schema...feedback please ; )
1. Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation Illuminator: I've used this everyday since receiving it early this month...one pump and my face glows all day without crossing the line into the dreaded "shine territory."
2. Illamasqua Blush in Katie: This extremely pale pink matte blush adds the most exquisite rosy flush. "Doll Cheeks" in three seconds flat!
3. By Terry Touch Expert Concealer in #5 Vanilla Beige: This light beige with yellow undertones refines and brightens up my under eye region and conceals blemishes with an instant swath of velvety coverage that doesn't fade, cake or migrate, even after hours of wear. A constant in my makeup bag as of late.
4. Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Eyeshadow in Initiation: My brother picked this LE shade up for my mom and me while in Vegas last week...last two at Barney's NY! It is a sparkly taupe that gains a gorgeous depth when applied heavily. I can't stop wearing it with a touch of By Terry Cream Shadow in Brown Perfection (review soon!) in the crease...neutral perfection!
5. Givenchy Poudre Bonne Mine Healthy Glow power in #1 Premiere Croisiere: Marketed as a light bronzer (a la Chanel Les Beiges), #1 is so pale that I am using it as a setting and touch up powder for my NC 25 skin. It has lovely medium coverage and a paradoxical matte/glowy finish that makes this a delightful discovery.
5. Edward Bess "Edward's Best" Lip Palette: I adore the peachy pink goodness of "Candid Affair" and couldn't help but wear it in this video. Here's to hoping that Edward releases a full lipstick bullet version of this shade immediately!
I welcome your questions and comments and hope you have a lovely start to your week! Good things ahead on the blog including a few new skincare items I'm in the midst of trying, Surratt Beauty swatches, Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation (new formulation) swatches and holiday items from Napoleon Perdis and Jouer...
--The Beauty Professor
**Two products mentioned are PR sample provided for review, however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. This post contains affiliate links as well unaffiliated links for your convenience; my disclosure policy contains additional details on how these work.