|Above: My easy summer look.|
The first month of my summer has been transpired so quickly, it leaves me wondering if time truly does go by faster as we age! When not traveling (and I've had some absolutely lovely trips as of late), I have been blessed to stick close to home and enjoy my house without the insane demands of my normal work schedule. Coming out the an extremely fast-paced ten months of life, I've had to do some adjusting to this change in pace; mornings with Jethro, unfettered time to blog, experiments in the kitchen and shopping time with my mom have collectively made the past four weeks a rare and joyous time to recharge and refresh.
My makeup routine also has adapted in kind...even if I don't have major plans outside of the house, I still put on a bit of makeup to meet the day. It makes me feel ready for anything, even if that "anything" is simply a walk around the block or a delightfully random conversation with one of my neighbors. Five to seven minutes of focused time in front of the bathroom mirror is all the time necessary to achieve this easy summer look!
- Kanebo Sensai Prime Solution
- Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Wrinkle Repair Cream (one for face, one for eyes) **I've been experimenting with samples of this KS skincare and am loving the effect thus far. That being said, the products are extremely pricey and I will be finishing my generous samples over the next week or two before weighing in on whether or not I will actually be purchasing them!
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2
- Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation in Natural Beige buffed on with a damp Beauty Blender
- Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate in Intensity #01 to contour
- Chanel Creme Blush in Inspiration on apples of cheeks
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Powder in #5 (Warm Beige...swatches and review to come!) lightly buffed in t-zone to set makeup
- Dior Show Black Art Pen on upper lids to create a cat eye
- By Terry Ombre Blackstar in #4 Bronze Moon under lower lashes
- Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Golden Pink along upper brow bone and in inner and outer corners of eyes
- Two coats of Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara
- Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick in Gri Gri (from Fall 2013 collection...full review soon!)
- Dior Addict Gloss in Charm (from Fall 2013 collection...full review soon!)
|Above: A different angle ; )|
|Above: Close up of the eyes...minimal product, maximum impact!|
|Above: Gri Gri + Charm = perfect nude pink sheen|
|Above: Summertime makeup shouldn't take an inordinate amount of time...this look is quick and easy.|
What are some of YOUR favorite summer "go to's" right now?
--The Beauty Professor
**PR sample provided for review, however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. This post contains affiliate links; my disclosure policy contains additional details on how these work.