|Both pictures were taken after I had been in the water for about an hour.|
Living right by the beach allowed me to spend a lot of time surfing when I was younger...early mornings bobbing around in the sea with my dad and brother were a part growing up for me. Truth be told, many years have passed since I've gotten on a board, but today, my darling (and rather persuasive) brother encouraged me to go with him. Although surfing is certainly not the occasion for a "full face," a total lack of products is also not prudent.
To prepare for the sun, wind and salty bath, I used the following products:
- After cleansing with Koh Gen Do Spa Water and a cotton pad, I applied...
- One pump of Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge in Shade 2 to provide a base layer of glowing moisture and SPF 20 (to be reviewed soon!)
- A healthy dose of Sunday Riley Cashmere SPF 30, a physical sunscreen that translates to a SPF 50
- Le Metier de Beaute Classic Flawless Foundation SPF 8 in #6 and #9 applied and well blended with my Sephora Airbrush. Some people think that foundation and the beach should not mix, but I like the extra layer of protection it provides my freckle-prone skin!
- A touch of Rouge Bunny Rouge bronzer in Netherway Cove
- More SR Cashmere applied to my lips...I prefer applying a high SPF sunscreen directly to this area rather than using a lip product that contains a lower SPF sunscreen.
- A mixture of Le Metier de Beaute Lip Creme in "Mum's the Word" and Rouge Bunny Rouge Hues of Enchantment Color Burst Lipstick in "The Plot Thickens."
- This whole process took me about 3 minutes and completely withstood the tumbling I took in the ocean.
- My face emerged protected from the elements and ready for my subsequent trip to Starbucks...a girl can burn a lot of calories paddling around!