I hope your week is off to a marvelous start! Featuring a new foundation launch (!) and some nude lip goodness, today's FOTD is dedicated to rich, lush, deluxe earth tones for a neutral look that is wildly easy to achieve.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Face, Base + Fragrance.|
// FACE, BASE + FRAGRANCE //
- I started by blending a single pump of the *Chanel La Solution 10 de Chanel (reviewed HERE) all over my freshly washed face. This fragrance-free cream offers excellent moisture to my winter-dry skin without clogging pores or causing irritation. I am extremely impressed with how skin calming this formula is and consider it one of my favorite discoveries of the last few months...simply sublime.
- Next, I buffed a pump of the *Burberry Festive Fresh Glow in Nude Radiance (reviewed HERE). This weightless primer offers a gossamer veil of luminosity that make skin look dewy and ethereal (rather than shimmery) and serves as an excellent precursor to foundation. I also added touch more to the high points of my face post-foundation application for additional highlight.
- A spritz of the warm and earthy Byredo Oliver Peoples (reviewed HERE) put me in the mood to apply the rest of my makeup...my mom and I adore this fragrance. We've both gone through two bottles each in the last couple of years!
|Swatches of my skincare step in direct sunlight.|
- For foundation, I applied the brand new *Shiseido Synchro Skin Glow Luminizing Fluid Foundation SPF30 in G3. This stunning formula has a weightless texture, buildable medium coverage and an incandescent finish that keeps skin looking fresh all day. The foundation comes in 13 shade suitable for fair to tan skin and I found a befitting match in Golden #3, which blends seamlessly with my NC25 skin. I can also get away with Neutral #3 if I want a touch more depth in my canvas. I used a dampened Beauty Blender to buff a pump and a half into my skin and love how even yet entirely natural the result is. I can't wait to continue to experiment with this resplendent formula!
|Comparison swatches of Golden #3 and Neutral #3 in direct sunlight.|
Official details, courtesy of Nordstrom:
What it is: A smart, hydrating foundation that works with your skin's condition throughout the day for a dewy glow without any shine.
Who it's for: Anyone who wants buildable coverage with a luminous finish.
What it does: Advanced Sensing Technology synchronizes with skin's tone and moisture levels throughout the day for a perfected complexion, and your skin is left looking fresh and beautiful with visible fine lines and pores reduced. Its lightweight, serum-like texture feels as if you're wearing nothing at all. Its formula includes argan oil, cranberry seed oil and yuzu seed extract, which create a moisturizing effect and help retain skin moisture for youthful suppleness; a super bio-moisture network, which prevents an uneven finish caused by dryness for a lustrous look; and wild thyme extract, which helps provide antioxidant benefits. Skin is left with a luminous, long-lasting finish plus eight-hour hydration, and is protected with broad-spectrum SPF 20.
How to use: Shake well. Apply after your skin care, smoothing on evenly from the center of your face outward. Build your desired coverage level with additional layers.
- 1 oz.
- Dermatologist tested
- Made in the USA
Active Ingredients: Purpose Octinoxate 4.9% Sunscreen. Titanium Dioxide 2.0% Sunscreen; Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Sd Alcohol 40-B, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Glutamate, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Barium Sulfate, Bis-Butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Polyquaternium-51, Nylon-12, Thymus Serpyllum Extract, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Citrus Junos Seed Extract, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Alumina, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sodium Citrate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Trisodium Edta, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Hydrogen Dimethicone(Only In:Golden 5?Neutral 4, 5?Rose 4, 5), Bht, Sodium Metabisulfite, Hydrated Silica, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer,Tin Oxide, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dipropylene Glycol, Diisostearyl Malate, Glyceryl Diisostearate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Red 27.
|Cheeks, courtesy of Sisley-Paris.|
I used a healthy dose of the *Sisley-Paris Photo Touche Ilusion d'Ete Bronzer (reviewed HERE) on my cheeks. This finely milled powder (which is so blendable that it mimics the malleability of a cream) creates the most natural looking warmth on the skin; in the look below, I blended it along the hollows of my cheeks and around the perimeters of my face for depth and dimension. I also noticed that it appears to be out of stock or unavailable at two of my usual stockists (e.g., Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus) but Beautylish still has 4 in stock, so you may want to act quickly if this cult favorite has been on your wish list!
// EYES //
- The look on my lids consists of a single shade of MAC Powder Eyeshadow: Mythology. This warm rosy bronze has insane pigmentation and a satiny sheen that makes eyes glow. I am loving it so much for its effortless application and creaseless wear that it just might earn a permanent place in my makeup bag...good thing the MAC singles are small!
- I finished my fringe with two coats of the recently-released *Shiseido Full Lash Dimension Mascara. This luscious volumizing mascara features a jet black formula that envelops lashes for a major curl and lengthening.
Official details, courtesy of Nordstrom:
What it is: Reveal amplified lash curl, lift, volume and length from corner to corner with this mascara by Shiseido.
What it does: Featuring an easy-to-use peanut-shaped brush that exclusively bends 30 degrees and rotates 360 degrees to work with the natural curve of your eye to lift and fan from the root, this mascara dramatically lifts your lashes and perfects panoramic curl, length and weightless volume for eyes. Its smudge-resistant formula lasts eight hours, while luminous black pigment ingredients help add luster and depth and airlight lift and volume powder ingredients create ultra-dramatic volume without the weight. Form-keep wax coats every lash evenly for beautiful curl, and its gentle formula removes easily with warm water.
How to use: Use the mouth of the container to bend the brush, with care, to adjust to your desired angle. Put the curved part to the eyelash roots. Apply mascara up to the eyelash tips with upward motion.
• 0.29 oz.
• Dermatologist tested; ophthalmologist tested
Ingredients: Water (Aqua/Eau), Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Acrylates Copolymer, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Alumina, Sucrose Stearate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Batyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cire De Carnauba), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dipropylene Glycol, Oleth-50, Bentonite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Silica, Ppg-2-Deceth-30, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Simethicone, Isobutylene/Sodium Maleate Copolymer, Methylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Edta, Calcium Carbonate, Methyl Methacrylate/Acrylonitrile Copolymer, Tocopherol [+/-(May Contain/Peut Contenir) Iron Oxides (Ci 77492)].
|The complete eye look with nothing but MAC Mythology and *Shiseido Full Lash Dimension Mascara.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|The center of the look,|
As one might easily ascertain, the center of this look involves my key neutral discoveries from MAC. The paragraph above indisputably demonstrates my affinity for Mythology and I am also completely smitten with the MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour in Lady Be Good and Mango Mango. The creamy, full coverage formula feels incredible on the lips, smoothing over fine lines while imparting immense opacity. Once it dries down, it sets to a comfortable matte finish that wears beautifully for 4-5 hours. Lady Be Good is a warm medium beige that creates a nude lip look without washing out the face and Mango Mango is a vibrant apricot peach (that's a lot of talk about fruit). I love mixing the two shades (as done in the images that follow) and when I am in the mood for a smidge of shine, a single sweep of the translucent nude Patentpolish in It's Really Me is divine. The quality and performance of all three of these shade is exemplary and I love that they are accessible for natural lovers across the nation (and the globe, for that matter)!
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
The following images reflect all products in action in afternoon sunlight...shirt by Equipment France + photos by Laura Lynn:
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed the breakdown of this earth tones-driven look...what are some of YOUR favorite earth tone products as of late? Do tell!
Good things ahead, including new LE Charlotte Tilbury lippies, a style + beauty feature (up front...these leggings are to die for), a host of fresh spring releases and an overview of the last few beauty events I've attended.
--The Beauty Professor
**PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-17 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.