Lipstick has been a profound part of my life for decades. It was the first makeup I was permitted to wear (albeit limited to a pale pink in my teen years) and, in addition to foundation, is forever my beauty weakness. There is something so promising about a brand new lipstick...it has the potential to instantly brighten one's face and lift one's spirits. Consequently, I am excited to share a glimpse into my current lipstick pouch...pinks, nudes (including the new Charlotte Tilbury Pillowtalk + Valentine releases), glosses, mattes and enough creamy bullets to last a lifetime, it's a lip color wonderland.
Additionally, I am over the moon to share a preview of the brilliant *Kevyn Aucoin Neo-Lights Collection Palettes (to also be available at Sephora, Nordstrom and Beautylish soon). This pair of highlighters impart delicate pigment and the most ethereal glow to skin, just in time to play well with the springtime sun. Toss in a few new skincare and fragrance discoveries and the post is complete!
Kindly scroll on for my lipstick bag spill, a swatch heavy overview of the exquisite Kevyn Aucoin Neo-Lights Collection and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Lipstick lover for life.|
|Lip treatments and liners.|
// LIP TREATMENTS + LINERS //
- *Giorgio Armani Prima Lip & Eye Contour Perfector (reviewed HERE): This versatile cream works well to prime and refine the lip and eye area and, therefore, is always in my bag.
- Chanel Gloss Volume Plumping Gloss (reviewed HERE): I have lauded the performance of this lip plumper for the last few months and still love it for the instant shine and fullness it imparts.
- *37 Actives High Performance Anti-Aging and Filler Lip Treatment (reviewed HERE): A super luxurious lip treatment, I use it day and night to add volume and radiance to my lips.
- *Kaplan MD Lip 20 Liner in Natural (reviewed HERE): One of my favorite liners to date, this nude pink works well as a base for all lip colors.
- *Le Metier de Beaute Waterproof Lip Liner in Nylon (reviewed HERE): A pale beige with waterproof properties, this lip pencil can massively extend the size lips.
- *Stila Stay All Day Lip Liner in Pink Moscato (reviewed HERE): A beautifully pigmented option, this deep pink beige truly lasts all day.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Liquid Lip Color.|
// LIQUID LIP COLOR //
- *Bakerie Beauty Metallic Lip Whip in Rosé Posé: Metallic and insanely long lasting, this shade is my first foray into the cult favorite brand Bakerie Beauty and I am definitely excited to try more from the line.
- *Touch in Sol The Metallist Liquid Foil Lip Duo in Penny: One of my favorite metallic eye products now in a lip formula, Penny features a matte foil liquid on one side and a glittering gloss on the other for resplendent dimension. Swatches of all shades in this formula forthcoming.
- *Spela Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lip in Playa: With natural ingredients and a truly comfortable feel, this matte lipstick in a beautiful warm nude is a recent discovery and I love it.
- *Spela Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lip in Flirt: I pair this pink with Playa for a cool toned nude lip that lasts for hours.
- *Jouer Lip Topper in Skinny Dip (reviewed HERE): One of my favorite Jouer products ever, this glimmering nude top coat is ultra shiny and not the slightest bit sticky. Always in my makeup bag.
- Chantecaille Matte Chic Long Wearing Lipstick in Suzy (reviewed HERE): Suzy is a Chantecaille gem. The plush nude pink formula offers intense opacity and a soft matte finish that lasts for hours.
- Burberry Liquid Lip Velvet in Fawn (reviewed HERE): A deeper liquid nude for when I seek a touch of 90s drama, Fawn is richly appointed with warm russet tones and a velvet finish.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Liquid Rouge #11 (reviewed HERE): A perennial favorite, this shiny peachy pink liquid lipstick garners a ton of complements and plays well with other formulas...it's a must in my book.
- *Jolii Cosmetics Luxe Creme Mattes in Lavanda: Replete with a richly pigmented lavender mauve hue, this luxurious matte lip color has incredible ingredients and wears beautifully through the day.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
// CLASSIC LIPSTICK //
- *By Terry Rouge Expert Click Stick #1 (reviewed HERE): This pearlescent beige is utterly unique and always in my makeup bag.
- *Le Metier de Beaute Moisture Matte Lip Color in Bijox (reviewed HERE): My favorite shade from this formula, it's a delicate mauve-tinged nude with intense opacity and a lasting matte finish.
- *Clinique Crayola Chubby Stick Lip Balm in Fuzzy Wuzzy: A playful balm in a flattering "my lips but better" shade, this retractable stick is great to grab and apply on the go.
- *Lise Watier Rouge Intense Supreme in Arielle: A cool and creamy pink, I enjoy mixing this hydrating wonder with Maya (below) for a lush neutral pout.
- *Lise Watier Rouge Intense Supreme in Maya: Radiant and warm, this lovely peachy beige has a stunning pigmentation,
- Tom Ford Nude Vanille (reviewed HERE): Let's just say that I buy this in bulk...the pale pinky beige works well alone or over other lip color (like Spanish Pink). I hope it's never discontinued.
- Tom Ford Spanish Pink (reviewed HERE): A forever favorite, this peachy pink coral pairs so well with Nude Vanilla...the duo is unstoppable.
- *Hourglass GIRL Lip Stylo in Lover (reviewed HERE): A warm, nearly orange red, I love how bright and cheerful this lip color is.
- Charlotte Tilbury Valentine: This tender pink has a soft and creamy shine and enough pigment to flatter skin tones of all hues.
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillowtalk: Equally as lovely as the eponymous liner, this matte lip color makes one's pout look fuller and delightfully neutral.
- *Julie Hewett Simone (reviewed HERE): A pearly salmon peach reminiscent of a Technicolor film of the 1960s.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Valentine and Pillowtalk.|
A close up of the latest from Charlotte Tilbury: The K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Lipstick inValentine is a creamy, pigmented and moisturizing light neutral pink with immense hydration and a tender shine. The Matte Revolution Lipstick in Pillowtalk is a medium matte nude beige that is deep enough to flatter a spectrum of skin tones without washing out the face. Both are currently exclusive to the Charlotte Tilbury site. The combination of the two--worn later in this post--is perfection; it makes lips look full, flushed and healthy while still embracing a quintessential nude effect.
|A dynamic pinky nude lip duo.|
|Swatches of Valentine and Pillowtalk in direct sunlight.|
|Bag spill conclusion.|
|The *Kevyn Aucoin Neo-Lights Collection.|
Next, the *Kevyn Aucoin Neo-Lights Collection Palettes (to also be available at Sephora, Nordstrom and Beautylish soon) have arrived and I am completely smitten with finely milled, versatile nature of the powders.
Designed to create a customizable glow, the Neo-Highlighter in Sahara has an ombre of warm golden bronze tones that will work as a radiant bronzer on fair skin and a subtle gilded gleam on medium and dark skin.
The Neo-Limelight in Ibiza appeals to one's pastel sensibilities, with cool pearly tones of beige and lilac for a face-brightening effect that is positively gorgeous. Although possibly too pale to serve as a blush, its lavender properties are undeniably illuminating for all complexions.
All in all, both palettes are exceptionally beautiful and easy to wear for a more polished and luminous face, making them an entirely worthy pursuit for spring!
Official details, courtesy of Kevyn Aucoin:
- Neo-Highlighter in Sahara: This highly pigmented, three-in-one highlighter creates a radiant, multi-dimensional strobed effect that lasts all day. Best-selling Candlelight, Starlight and Sunlight shades are featured together for the ultimate illuminating glow.
- Neo-Limelight in Ibiza: Amp up your glow with this exclusive statement highlighter. An iridescent trio of lustrous rainbow like color brightens skin for dialed up highlighting and strobing.
- Neo Powder Brush: Highlight, bronze or set makeup in a single stroke with this innovative, dual-fiber brush. The soft top layer gently and evenly distributes powder for sheer coverage, while the dense bottom layer picks up more product and allows for more intense payoff.
|Swatches in outdoor sunlight.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|The full look.|
In addition to a plethora of lipstick and, of course, the *Kevyn Aucoin Neo-Lights Collection Palettes (to also be available at Sephora, Nordstrom and Beautylish soon), I wanted to briefly mention a few key product discoveries (more comprehensive reviews to come) that ultimately contributed to my final look at the end of this post:
- *DermaFlash Facial Exfoliating Device: This genius device embraces the concept of "derma- planing" to gently exfoliate the top layer of dead skin and peach fuzz off of the face, resulting in an ultra smooth canvas. I have been using this once a week and cannot get over the skin refining results.
- *Kate Somerville Wrinkle Warrior: Brimming with hydration, this serum moisturizes on contact, using the potent properties of hyaluronic acid to plump and heal; it's perfect to combat the dry air of winter.
- *UMA Absolute Anti-Aging Eye Oil: I was initially drawn to this oil due to its rave reviews and am quite pleased with my experience thus far. The impressive list of ingredients works to visibly brighten the delicate orbital region while hydrating and de-puffing along the way.
- Burberry Cashmere Foundation Compact (reviewed HERE): I experimented with using this as an all over foundation in the images at the end of the post and am pleased with how even yet natural my skin turned out. This formula has reignited my interest in powder foundations!
- *Crunchi Make Me Blush in Crave: I am very impressed with the Crunchi line thus far; all of the products are organic and free of dangerous ingredients while still performing at the highest possible levels. This pinky peach blush has great color payoff and luminosity...more on this line soon.
- *Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia: The latest release from MFK, this divine blue fragrance has cool notes that lift the senses and relax the mind. The fresh elements are timeless and universal, making it a sophisticatedly serene choice for the warmer months ahead.
- *BHAVE Fresh Ends: Just a touch of this healing balm at the ends of my hair and split ends and flyaway are banished...excited to try more from this new (to the US) brand.
|A modern, cool blue sense of springtime in a bottle: the Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia.|
The following images reflect all products in action...a mixture of Pillowtalk and Valentine on the lips--black tee from American Apparel (pick up your essentials at 40% off before the company closes for good):
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this lipstick laden story and would love to hear about which lipsticks are currently must haves in YOUR bag. Do tell!
Also, the *Kevyn Aucoin Neo-Lights Collection Palettes (to also be available at Sephora, Nordstrom and Beautylish soon) is simply breathtaking and I know both palettes will be on heavy rotation in the months to come!
Good things ahead, including an overview of the the new Clé de Eau Beauté Spring/Summer 2017 Collection, a fresh video and a host of new product procurements.
I just resumed my lecturing schedule for the spring semester--where did six weeks of break just go?--but am committed to continuing to create fresh content 2-3 times a week; thank you, as always, for being such loyal readers!
Have a beautiful week,
--The Beauty Professor
**PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-17 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.