|QVC beauty favorites.|
Earlier this week, I attended the QVC Red Carpet Beauty After Party in Los Angeles; postured directly after last Sunday's Academy Awards, this event featured a close up look at an array of beauty brands as well as a live shooting deck that brought the QVC channel to life right before my eyes.
I also had the chance to discuss all things beauty on a panel--filmed for BeautyIQ's Facebook Live--with Allure Senior Beauty Editor Jessica Chia. In light of this beauty drenched affair, I am excited to share some of my favorite QVC beauty discoveries!
Kindly scroll on for images from the event, product details and swatches and images of my favorites in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Held at E.P. + L.P. in West Hollywood, the event featured two floors of beauty in which to indulge.|
// THE EVENT //
|Ready to explore.|
|With lovely friend and Hourglass Founder Carisa Janes.|
|The rooftop deck, which was converted into a live soundstage. Shawn Killinger and Josie Maran in the mist of their shoot.|
|With Mally Beauty creator Mally Roncal...what a warm and delightful spirit!|
|From L-R: Shalice Noel, Samantha Wennerstrom, Allure Senior Beauty Editor Jessica Chia, Nikki DeRoest, directly after shooting our beauty panel discussion for BeautyIQ.|
// THE PRODUCTS //
|Beauty finds from QVC.|
QVC has massively expanded its beauty offerings in the past few years and I am excited to recommend a spectrum of products--from luxe makeup and skincare to brilliant haircare and technology--that collectively constitute both new discoveries and tried, tested and true favorites.
// BASE + FACE //
- *IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Compact in Medium Tan (all shades swatched and reviewed HERE): With buildable coverage and skincare serum benefits, this creamy foundation smooths onto skin, blurring fine lines for a bouncy, radiant finish. Excellent for "no-makeup makeup" days and fancy evenings out alike, this base plays well with all skin types...both my mom and I love it and I am wearing Medium Tan as I type this story!
- *Mally Beauty Soft Focus Highlight to Lowlight Trio: A trio of luminous powders that imparts glow and dimension on the face, this genius compact creates a customized play on light and shadows. The fluffy end of the accompanying dual sided brush blends the powders to a seamless finish while the smaller side allows for precision application.
- *Edward Bess Threads of Silk Multi-Use Powder in Ciao (reviewed HERE): Just as gorgeous on the face as in the compact, this versatile powder beautifies in seconds. For radiance and a natural flush, swirl your brush into the woven shades and enjoy the effect.
- *Christopher Buckle Power Lock Makeup Setting Spray: Like a liquid powder, this finishing spray sets makeup for a indelible result and can also be used throughout the day to refresh and revitalize skin on contact.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
// EYES + LIPS //
- *IT Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara (reviewed HERE): I am on tube #4 of this gloriously volumizing mascara; it builds lush length in seconds and lasts for hours, even for contact lens wearers like me.
- *TARTE Maneater Voluptuous Mascara: This rich formula is a recent discovery; two coats creates a lovely set of lashes that resist flaking and smudging.
- *Lipstick Queen Silver Screen Lipstick in Have Paris (reviewed HERE): A classic red for all seasons, this lip color boasts sublime hydration and gorgeous color payoff.
|Lipstick Queen Have Paris in action.|
|Lipstick Queen Silver Screen Lipstick in Have Paris...a perfect red carpet red.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
// SKINCARE + HAIRCARE //
- *Edward Bess Precious Pearl Eye Concentrate: With a soft iridescence and potent anti-aging properties, this opulent eye cream refines, lifts and brightens the delicate skin of the orbital area.
- *Peter Thomas Roth Instant Firm X Eye with Brush: Both my mom and I cannot get over how immediately effective this clever eye treatment is; once it dries (in 2-4 minutes) all visible signs of bags, under eye hollows and fine lines miraculously (albeit temporary) disappear. The formula acts as a tightening and smoothing veil and wears well all day. This must be tried to be believed.
- *Vita Liberata Body Blur: A little of this transformational cream goes a long way; tinted a sheer and warm golden tan, it evens out skin tone on arms, legs and the décolleté for a enhanced sense of confidence when wearing shorts, skirts and sleeveless numbers.
- *Nick Chavez Diva Hollywood Starlet Shine Spray: This spray conditions locks while combatting static and adding radiant shine...a veritable trifecta for an enviable mane.
|Swatches in directs sunlight.|
- *Halo Mini Phone Charger: I don't know about you but I am constantly facing the need to charge my iPhone phone. The battery simply doesn't last like it used to, forcing me to explore external charging options for moments when I can't plug in (which is most of my day). The Halo Mini Charger instantly gives my phone the juice it craves while remaining ultra-light in my purse and it also comes with a built in flashlight.
- *HP Sprocket Portable Photo Printer: Designed to printout images directly from your cell phone (via bluetooth), this the gadget you didn't realize you wanted. I can't get over how effortless the set up was (from app download to printout, two minutes max) and love how easily one's snaps can be converted into a tangible keepsake.
|A photo from the Sprocket..it's quick, quiet and astonishingly high-performance.|
The following images reflect all products in action...
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this event and product recapitulation! There are truly some brilliant beauty (and technology) options available at QVC and BeautyIQ and more to come as they plan to launch 41 new brands this year.
What caught your eye? Do tell!
Good things ahead, including a fresh video tutorial, a new lip color feature and a host of new product procurements!
--The Beauty Professor
** Thanks to QVC for sponsoring this post. PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-17 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.