|The Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder Collection.|
The limited-edition *Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder Collection has arrived and, while it is already sold out on the Estee Lauder site (I'm ardently hoping for signs of a restock soon), select pieces are currently available at Bergdorf Goodman and the full collection will be launching at Neiman Marcus soon. In the meanwhile, I am excited to share an image-heavy overview of this glorious launch.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|A sampling of the packaging.|
// PACKAGING //
Housed in weighty compacts with lush ribbed black exteriors and gold accents, the packaging is exceptional. From the satisfying snap of the interlocking clasps to the matte black that frames the powders, the attention to detail is abundantly present. The names of each product are similarly inspired; each moniker evokes a sense of intrigue and accessibility (consider Blonde Gold, Bitter Clove and Brazillian Nude as befitting examples) and, consequently, I couldn't love them more.
|All about eyes.|
// EYES //
The eye-oriented products in the collection include the:
- *Eye Metals Shadow in Bitter Clove: A shimmering metallic bronze-meets-taupe, this has a luminous finish and neutral appeal.
- *Eye Ink in Black Myrrh: Nearly wet-looking in a swatch, this glistening charcoal black shade creates a smoky eye in seconds.
- *Eye Foil in Blonde Gold: Weightless and incandescent, this eye gel has an uncanny ability for catching the light and the pale golden shade makes for an excellent blending and accent color.
- *Eye Kajal: A soft and creamy dual ended eye pencil with excellent color payoff. Use the peachy nude side to brighten the eyes and the deep black along the waterline for a pop of contrast.
- *Eyeshadow Palette: Stunning on every level, this palette--which miraculously is still currently available--has six hyper-flattering shades of shadow for a seemingly infinite range of looks.
|*Bitter Clove and *Black Myrrh.|
|A swatch of *Bitter Clove.|
|*Bitter Clove and Eye Foil in Blonde Gold on the eyes.|
|A swatch of *Black Myrrh.|
|The *Eye Foil in Blonde Gold.|
|The *Eye Kajal features a dual sided pencil with color saturated black hue for intense punctuation and a creamy peach shade that can be used to visually brighten and lift the orbital area.|
|The Eye Palette.|
The *Eye Palette features six shades (described below); don't let the nearly primary colors daunt you...these buttery, highly pigmented tones resist creasing and fallout, thereby offering an incredible ease of wear. The hues are all at once classic and modern and the subtly satin finish is extremely forgiving, even when applying in haste. This palette is a must have for eyeshadow aficionados that adore velvety neutrals combined with an unexpected jolt of color.
Six powder eyeshadow shades can be worn wet or dry for a softer or more fierce effect. Innovative dual-purpose pearlized pigments have a translucency that allow them to both reflect and pull light into the formula for a luminous finish.
|Fired Sapphire and Burnished Sage on the eyes.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
// FACE //
The *Bronzer in Java Sun has a finely milled texture and an innovative matte finish that creates a sun-kissed glow without imposing shimmer. Apropos for fair, light and medium skin tones, this warm tan shade eschews orange undertones for a fresh yet believably burnished effect.
|A swatch of Java Sun in direct sunlight.|
|Just as stunning on the face as it is in the compact.|
|Lips are covered.|
// LIPS //
I had the opportunity to experience three of the four lip products in the collection:
- *Lip Pencil in Victoria: I am stunned by how creamy this nude brown lip pencil is; the formula glides over the lips with ease and texture must be experienced to adequately understand. The shade itself is neutral enough to complement a host of lip color options and its lasting power is significant.
- *Lip Gloss in Moroccan Heat: Still readily available, this glossy light tan features a plush and shiny finish (that looks incredible over the lip pencil, I might add) that enhances lips with an inviting warm sheen.
- *Lip Color in Brazillian Nude: Not the slightest bit pink, this creamy tan beige is--shockingly enough--quite singular in my vast collection of nude lip color. The formula is lavishly moisturizing with creamy and opaque coverage that lasts for hours. I find this shade in particular to feel quite sophisticated in almost a Catherine Deneuve in Belle Du Jour kind of way.
- Lipstick in Chilean Sunset (not pictured): By all accounts and purposes a bright neutral (leaning towards orange) red with a cream finish, this timeless shade is currently available!
|A swatch of *Moroccan Heat.|
|*Victoria Lip Pencil + *Moroccan Heat.|
|A swatch of *Victoria Lip Pencil.|
|A swatch of *Brazillian Nude.|
|Meet the Morning Aura...vintage bracelet by Hermes.|
// NON-NEGOTIABLE //
Finally, the *Morning Aura is a lightweight moisturizer that adds glow and dimension to the face while still feeling weightless. Since receiving it, I have kept the sleek ribbed platinum bottle in my work bag and find myself looking forward to dabbing a dot along the high points of face to refresh and revive my skin; it imparts a dewy radiance that is equal parts natural and ethereal and the cooling formula truly seems to wake me up when my tired skin calls for a jump start. I cannot get over how much I adore this!
|No detail was spared.|
Beautiful skin is the starting point of the Victoria Beckham Estée Lauder Collection.
|A swatch of the Morning Aura in direct sunlight.|
The following images reflect all products in action in afternoon light...foundation is Giorgio Armani Crema Nuda #4 in the new travel size (to be re-reviewed soon) and blouses are by Equipment France, which is currently in the midst of a Friends & Family Sale (use code EQFRIENDS for 25% off all purchases):
In the look above and below, I am wearing Fired Sapphire and Burnished Sage from the *Eyeshadow Palette (still currently available for immediate order!) on my eyes and the Brazilian Nude lip color:
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this glimpse at the gloriously beautiful and endlessly wearable LE *Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder Collection (currently available at Bergdorf Goodman with the full collection launching at Neiman Marcus soon). I am over the moon by how luxurious and unique each piece feels and highly recommend pursuing the eyeshadow palette, Morning Aura and Brazilian Nude lipstick.
What caught your eye in the collection? Do tell!
Also, don't forget to use code EQFRIENDS for 25% all purchases off during the Equipment France Friends & Family Sale...I'll be placing an order later on this afternoon ; )
Good things ahead, including a skincare update, video tutorial and a host of new product procurements!
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-16 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.