|New discoveries and classic favorites from Le Metier de Beaute.|
I'll never forget the first time I visited a Le Metier de Beaute counter. During the very early stages of Beauty Professor development, I was on a trip with my husband to Palm Beach (documented with my iPhone HERE...my how times have changed) and, due to a random rainstorm, we found ourselves in the Neiman Marcus on Worth Avenue (my husband is a good sport) rather than laying out on the beach as originally planned. After having read about this unique and hard-to-locate brand online many times over, I was elated to be able to have unfettered access to all of the products and, consequently, swatched as much as I could to my heart's content. Although I wanted to buy everything I saw during that first encounter, I ended up going home with a couple foundation shades (which I subsequently wore constantly over the duration of the trip) and a couple of Lip Cremes...I also left with a massive list of products that I wanted to try in the future.
Flash forward four years and I am still entirely smitten with the line. I use at least one product from LMdB each day (often more) and am always excited when something new launches. This post will highlight a couple of fresh product releases as well as some of my classic favorites...can't wait to share!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Le Metier de Beaute Vital ET Recovery Boost.|
Most recently, Le Metier de Beaute launched two new skincare products designed to combat the adverse effects of environmental stressors:
(1) The *Vital ET Recovery Boost for the face is a soothing serum with a faintly herbal scent (that dissipates quickly) best applied to skin upon cleansing. It adds moisture and refines the skin for a healthy glow. I have been following with my beloved Peau Vierge (reviewed HERE) and foundation for a smooth and flawless canvas that feels nourished and balanced all day.
(2) The *Vital ET Recovery Boost for the body is my new favorite post-shower ritual. Weightless and instantly absorbed, this formula is lighter than a cream while still being extremely effective. I apply it on my arms, legs and decollete and am delighted to note that my skin feels hydrated, firmer and "bouncier" with every application. This is a must-have for the shorts and swimsuit-prevalent warmer months!
Official details for both formulas, courtesy of Neiman Marcus:
Discover the healing powers of Vital ET Recovery Boost – Face and Body. This highly effective form of Vitamin E defends against free radicals. Free radicals are known to damage collagen, create dryness and lead to the development of fine lines and wrinkles. These deeply reparative formulas drives super antioxidants and powerful vitamins directly into your skin. Leaves your skin looking energetic, rejuvenated and youthful.
TPM® Technology. Vital ET®, a patented technology that decreases appearance of redness and swelling while fortifying resistance to inflammation caused by environmental stressors.
|Le Metier de Beaute Bondi Beach + Full Stream Kaleidoscope.|
As one of the newest Kaleidoscope launches, *Full Stream (also reviewed HERE and HERE) is the quintessential companion for those seeking a full face from a single product:
- I use the translucent powder to set banish shine, set under eye concealer and smooth away imperfections.
- The luminous, rosy pink blush adds a gorgeous pop of color on the apples of the cheeks
- The bronze eyeshadow is a warm wash of color for the lids and lower lash line...I can also use it as a bronzer in a pinch ; )
- The pale peach highlighter has an iridescent, gossamer finish that works well on the upper cheek bones and down the bridge of the nose. I also use it as a blending shade to the brow bone for maximum utility.
If you are looking for a place to start in the world of Le Metier de Beaute Kaleidoscopes, Full Stream is a marvelous place to start!
|Swatches of Full Stream in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches of Full Stream.|
The following images reflect the above products in action...
|Full Stream on the eyes and cheeks.|
Onto lip color et al! The *Colour Core Stain Lipstick was one of my first post-Palm Beach trip Le Metier de Beaute purchases years ago and I reach for this lovely lip color regularly.
Possessing excellent color-payoff and a demi-matte finish that lasts for hours without drying out the lips, this formula is completely unique in my collection.
Many of the shades have a tender pearl finish (rare for a demi-matte lip color) and the formula wears evenly, leaving behind a soft stain that extends longevity.
Three of my favorites include:
- Palm Springs (reviewed HERE): I have run through multiple tubes of the baby pink Palm Springs over the years. Marvelous for a subtle take on a nude lip, this shade has just enough pearly pigment to keep the face from looking washed out...so good.
- Bondi Beach: This shade has been a recent favorite for me...the mid-toned mauvy nude is a touch deeper than my normal peach beige leanings and I love how opaque it is. I envision this shade being universally-flattering to a spectrum of skin tones.
- Uma Paro: I am awe-struck by this radiant fuchsia with a cult following; it has a fascinating blue micro-shimmer that lends to its complexity and, despite its vibrancy, the shade feels completely wearable.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
In the look that follows, I am wearing:
- *Vital ET Recovery Boost for the face
- Peau Vierge #02 (reviewed HERE)
- *Full Stream Kaleidoscope (reviewed HERE)
- Creme Fresh Tint for Lips and Cheeks in Coral Nymph (reviewed HERE)
|Palm Springs close up.|
|Bondi Beach close up.|
|Uma Paro close up.|
|Uma Paro in action.|
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this Le Metier de Beaute intensive...I adore the products featured and wholeheartedly look forward to what the brand launches next.
What are some of YOUR favorite Le Metier de Beaute products and which ones are you hoping to try someday? Do share!
I've been using this spring break to catch up on comments and emails (never enough time) and shoot new products for future stories like crazy! In turn, good things ahead, including a brand new foundation formula (I'm in love), some fresh skincare in the testing phase and another round of Tom Ford Soleil Collection products to feature.
Have a beautiful rest of the week!
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.