Happy weekend to you! What are your plans? After an insanely busy week, I am looking forward to sticking super close to home, catching up on a host of products and taking advantage of the weekend sales with a bit of online shopping. Although it's oft-associated with BBQ's and days off, let's also take a moment to consider the true reason for Memorial Day...I, for one, am infinitely grateful for the brave men and women who have lost their lives in the course of duty to protect America. Thanks will never be enough.
Today's story features a brief shopping guide with personal style recommendations, a quick overview of the foundations in my rotation as of late and a link to my latest story for the Neiman Marcus blog, all about my favorite products for the orbital area!
Let's start with the SALES:
Shopbop currently has a vast sea of markdowns that can be worn now and through the summer months. I like the:
- Acne Boots: Clean and classic moto boots that work well with shorts, jeans and skirts alike.
- Victoria Beckham black jeans: Skinny, black and only one knee hole, these are sure to get a lot of weartime.
- Splendid Camdyn Sandals: I love the unique twist on a traditional flat sandal and the fact that this style comes in both black and nude is an asset.
- Joie Silk Dress: Effortless and immensely pretty, dresses that look chic and can handle the consumption of a big meal are the best.
- Linda Farrow Luxe Sunglasses in Tea Rose and Brown: I have been on a bit of a sunglass kick and these pastel gems are next on my list...the Linda Farrow line has been flying off the shelf this season.
Currently, Equipment is offering an extra 20% off sale items. Some of my choices include:
- Lanie Silk Dress: I have no less than 3 dresses in this style and wear them constantly. Worth the investment.
- Boven Silk Parka: Finding the right type of jacket for spring and summer can be a challenge...not too heavy, not too light, this silk number will look stunning over jackets or paired with denim shorts and booties.
- Leema Silk Shirt: I have a weakness for all things minty green and this floralish blouse certainly fits the bill.
Nordstrom is in the midst of its Half-Yearly Sale, with 40% off items in most departments.
- Free People Long Beach Tank (also reviewed HERE):
- Burberry Poncho: Another solution for the transitional weather ahead--hot in the day and cool at night--this insane splurge (that I know I would have and use FOREVER) is marginally justified by its sale price.
- Free People Mesh Hoodie: An interesting take on a hoodie, I'm intrigued by the lightweight mesh texture and breezy sensibility of this pullover.
- Frame Le Classic Silk Shirt: A delicate white silk number with swiss dots for summertime ease, this blouse has year round appeal.
- T by Alexander Wang T Shirt Dress: The midi length and soft T-shirt styling make this dress a warm weather must.
- ghd 1 inch Styler (also reviewed HERE): The best straightener I've tried to date,
- MM6 Strappy Platforms:
If authentic pre-owned luxury goods in excellent condition are your calling, the check out the sale at The Real Real. I have had consistently good experiences with my orders on the site. Currently, many products are 20% off, including:
- Hermes Tote: Iconic Hermes at an unbelievable price, this large tote will match everything.
- Tom Ford Sunglasses: I love the unique stylings of these sunglasses...I haven't seen anything like them in my recent shopping excursions.
- Salvatore Ferragamo Satchel: Everything about this bag is sublime...the color, the shape and the fact that it has handles and a long strap. This is a handbag that would work for every occasion.
- 14k Gold Collar Necklaces: I have no shortage of golden collars; easy to wear, comfortable to layer and complimentary to nearly every look, I now have my eye on a few more ; )
Space.NK is having a major sale on some By Terry Favorites including:
- By Terry Cover Expert Intense Beige (reviewed HERE): This foundation has been a staple for me for many years; it is deeply marked down because it was recently formulated with a marginial amount of SPF but if you love the full coverage formula as much as I do, I would recommend picking up the original while you can.
- By Terry Hyaluronic Sheer Rouge (reviewed HERE): Gloriously moisturizing with a colorful glaze, this lip color is excellent for the warmer months. So many shades are still available...get a few for you and a couple more for gifts!
Finally, in a state of permanent sale, The Outnet has been a favorite luxury style go-to as of late. I recently placed a decent-sized order for a host of summer essentials including:
- Swimwear: I picked up an iconic two piece--deeply discounted--by Missoni and a gorgeous, minimalist toasted tan bandeau set by Norma Kamali.
- Equipment France: So much of my favorite brand--a timeless classic--on sale...it's almost difficult to narrow down the choices.
- Frame Denim: The discounts on the fabulous jeans from this line are significant; hope you find something that catches your eye.
Gucci boyfriend Jeans: Ultra soft, slightly structured and faded to the perfect hue of cloud blue, these jeans are a steal and run true to size...so good.
--Shop the Sales--
Next, I wanted to share an overview of the FOUNDATIONS I've been reaching for lately. I have been wildy experimental as my skin seems to change with the weather and here are 8 which have been on heavy rotation:
- Serge Lutens Spectral Foundation in O40 (swatched and reviewed HERE): Creamy medium coverage with a natural matte finish, O40 is a spot-on match for my current skin tone. This formula is so special.
- Bobbi Brown Skin Moisture Compact Foundation in Natural: Noting that the formula was new, I picked it up on a whim and appreciate how moisturizing the formula is. It provides buildable coverage (from light all the way to full) and I get 6-7 hours of touch up free wear.
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge (swatched and reviewed HERE): A perennial must in my routine, I wear this illuminating base under foundation and also as a lightly-tinted stand alone on low-maintenance days. I hope to never be without it.
- *La Prairie Cellular Swiss Transforming Cream (swatched and reviewed HERE): A fusion of skincare and foundation, this superb cream offers medium coverage that makes skin glow.
- *PIXI H20 Skin Tint in Nude: I recently began testing this formula and was pleasantly surprised with the medium coverage and fragrance-free weightless texture. An excellent option!
- *Surratt Beauty Surreal Real Skin Perfecting Wand in #9 (swatched and reviewed HERE): Easily currently in my top three foundation formulas, this brilliant wand pefects skin with minimal product and the lasting power is outrageously good.
- *Chantecaille Future Skin in Cream (swatched and reviewed HERE): A water-based gel formula, I reach for this foundation whenever my skin needs a break. It consistently improves my skin and looks nearly invisible once applied.
- *Erno Laszlo Shake-It Tinted Treatment in Shade #2 Neutral (also available on Amazon): Completely interesting and unlike any base formula I have tried to date, this bi-phase formula is a clarifying and mattifying base that minimizes pores and fine lines while removing all unwanted oil from the canvas. Great for minimal makeup days or moments when heat and humidity are your foes.
--Shop the Foundation--
- Clé de Peau Concentrated Brightening Eye Serum
- Supergoop Advanced Anti-Aging Eye Cream
- Omorovicza Blue Diamond Eye Cream (reviewed HERE)
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Cream (reviewed HERE)
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Eyeshadow
- Marc Jacobs Style Eye-Con Plush Shadow in Social Butterfly (reviewed HERE)
- Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in Disco Dust (reviewed HERE)
- Sisley Paris Phyto Eye-Twist (reviewed HERE)
- Le Metier de Beaute Indelible Eye Prisms (reviewed HERE)
- Giorgio Armani Eye Tints (reviewed HERE)
- Lancome Le Kohl Eyeliner
- Gucci Power Liquid Liner (reviewed HERE)
--Shop the Eye Products--
Have a beautiful next few days and do share what you're up to should you be so inclined.
Good things ahead, including a look featuring the new Becca x Jacqueline Hill Champagne Collection and a host of new product procurements...also catching up on comments and emails ; )
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-16 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.