Consequently, not much has changed...I still have a serious aversion to touching my face (save, when applying makeup, of course), I am thankful to have (finally!) mostly grown out of the blemish phase and I make myself wash my face before retiring for the night, no matter now long my day has been. Perhaps the most significant development, then, is the way I cleanse my face.
Today, I am excited to share my experience with the *Foreo Luna 2 for Sensitive Skin; this innovative device effortlessly removes every last speck of dirt without irritating my skin!
Kindly scroll on for more details, a list of my favorite cleansers and the Bottom Line...
Harnessing the power of transdermal sonic pulsations, the Foreo Luna 2 for Sensitive Skin is designed to gently cleanse skin with the use of an impressive 8,000 T-Sonic pulsations per minute. I generally use my Foreo Luna 2 each evening in the shower to effectively remove all traces of makeup without stripping my skin.
Whether I use traditional Ivory soap or a high-end cleanser (see a list of favorites below), I consistently am left with smooth, balanced, impeccably clean skin that is fresh and ready to accept the post-shower skincare that follows. With a massive surface area and flexible silicone touch points that mold to your face and feel like a light massage, this device is easy incredibly easy to use. I just lather up my face, press the button (there are 12 intensities) and run it over the surface of my face for 1-2 minutes. Once I rinse, I am left with a completely cleansed canvas.
Some clear benefits that set the Foreo Luna 2 apart from more traditional cleansing methods for me include:
- The surface device does not need to be periodically changed (unlike brush heads of spin brushes) and it is much more hygienic than a wash cloth that has been used a few times. It is also completely easy to clean.
- I love the fact that this waterproof device holds a charge for days on end and its power is easily replenished with a USB cord, making traveling with the Foreo Luna 2 a dream.
- The other side of the device features wavy lines that can be used to stimulate skin for an anti-aging effect; firmer, more lifted skin with less fine lines is two minutes away!
- The Luna 2 seamlessly integrates with an existing skincare routine and works well with a variety of cleansers, enabling one to customize their cleansing experience.
All in all, the Foreo Luna 2 for Sensitive Skin is an excellent cleansing option for those seeking efficacy and longterm benefits in their daily cleansing routine. I adore reaching for each night as I "rinse of the day." Thanks to an insane work schedule, I haven't yet taken full and consistent advantage of the anti-aging (lower pulsation) side of the device but I plan on devoting more time to this pursuit as time permits...will report back on my experience in the coming months.
Official details, courtesy of Foreo:
The LUNA™ 2 goes beyond the standard face-cleansing brush by delivering real skincare results that you – and everyone else – will see. Indulge in a gentle 2-minute daily skincare ritual and uncover a more luminous, refined and youthful look.
The LUNA™ 2’s next-generation cleansing brush utilizes up to 2X the T-Sonic™ power to unclog pores of makeup residue and remove 99.5% of dirt and oil*, improving the absorption of your favorite skincare products.
- 100% More Radiant Skin
- 98% Smoother Skin
- 90% Firmer & More Elastic Skin
To accompany my Foreo Luna 2, I have a revolving collection of cleansers (a testament to the fortitude of my massive shower caddy!) that I used depending on the shape and mood of my skin.
- Lift Lab Skin Regeneration Purify & Clarify (reviewed HERE): A fluffy cleanser/mask hybrid, I am proudly on tube #3 of this stellar formula...my skin feels fresh and if I need additional reinforcements, I can leave it on for a couple minutes for an even deeper clean.
- *Mila Moursi Cleansing Foam (reviewed HERE): Light and simple yet intensely effective, I am almost finished with my tube of this brilliant, subtly foaming cleanser.
- *Omorovicza Refining Facial Polisher (reviewed HERE): This gentle exfoliant, brimming with Hungarian mud, micro-algae and thermal water, is so finely milled that it smoothes away dry skin without the slightest trace of irritation. Absolutely beautiful!
- *Radical Skincare Hydrating Cleanser (reviewed HERE): This cleanser features a soft orange aroma and nourishing essential oils to cleanse skin while leaving it immensely moisturized.
- *African Botanics Marula Buchu Botanical Enzyme Polish (reviewed HERE): Intoxicatingly fragrant (think, fresh papayas and seaside breezes), this cleanser employs the use of natural fruit enzymes to slough off dead skin and encourage cell turnover.
- *Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash: One of my favorite new discoveries...this features a modified version of the exfoliation properties of the original ExfoliKate coupled with the gentleness of a foaming cleanser, safe for daily use. I am finding myself reaching for it constantly this spring!
|The process. Silk robe from Neiman Marcus (a staple and currently on sale) + Turban from Gina Made It (stylish, comfortable and utilitarian)!|
|A perfect cleansing combination.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this cleansing process-focued story! The *Foreo Luna 2 for Sensitive Skin has transformed the way I wash my face, making each cleansing session a delighfully effective one. I am now completely and utterly addicted to the tremendously clean feeling that follows and sincerely recommend the Foreo Luna 2 to those who are in pursuit of the pristine skin. Also, currently there is free shipping on all orders over $50 on Foreo.com.
Good things ahead, including a fresh FOTD and new product procurements. I am also in the midst of responding to your latest batch of lovely emails and comments!
Have a beautiful weekend,
Have a beautiful weekend,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission