Happy Friday, lovelies! It may only be March but it definitely is beginning to feel like summertime in my corner of the world. Long sunny days and temperatures reaching the 80's have me longing for a more relaxed schedule and a vacation or two.
Since spring break is still a week away for me, the next best thing is the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess 2016 Collection. Brimming with warm, luminescent textures and tones, these limited-edition releases are the next best thing to a few sundrenched weeks off!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
Undeniably, the centerpiece of the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess 2016 Collection (also available at Bloomingdales, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus and Saks) is the resplendent Summer Glow-Multi Palette. Featuring brilliantly sculptured highlighter, blush and bronzer, this palette delivers a customized glow to skin and works beautifully on both the cheeks and eyes.
The powders are silky, finely-milled and offer sheer to medium opacity, enabling one to brush them onto the face without risk of overapplying. Effortless and endlessly pretty, they have a subtle satin finish that blurs imperfections while imparting a gossamer cloak of color.
I love sweeping the bronzer along the hollows and perimeters of my face to lightly contour and add warmth, placing a touch of the rosy blush on the apples of the cheeks and finishing with a dash of the highlighter along the high points (e.g., cheek bones, brow bones and bridge of the nose) of the face for a look that translates from day to night with ease.
Consequently, if you are looking for a place to start with the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess 2016 Collection, I highly recommend commencing with the *Summer Glow-Multi Palette!
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
The *Bronze Goddess Summer Glow Illuminator is a lightweight liquid highlighter with a flattering champagne beige hue. The formula is pigmented without being too dark for most skin tones and the warm undertone is adds a subtle, sunkissed veil of light in a single drop. Housed in a small glass bottle with a dropper for precise control, this LE illuminator is sheer bliss!
|Swatch in direct sunlight.|
The *Summer Glow Lip & Cheek Color comes in three tropical shades that add a quintessential flush and luminosity to the face. The pigmented, moisturizing lip color also doubles as a velvety, blendable cheek color for gorgeous shade continuity on the face. The other side has a coordinating gloss with a plush, non-sticky texture and reflective shine.
- Sunburst: Pale golden beige lip color and a sheer golden gloss.
- Peach Glow: Creamy bright peach lip color and a coral gloss with no shimmer.
- Fuchsia Lights: Bold yet translucent deep pink lip color and a vibrant hibiscus gloss with no shimmer.
I am completely over the moon for Peach Glow (worn in the images at the end of the post) and appreciate the color saturated formula and hydrating texture...it's summertime in a dual ended tube!
|Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Summer Glow Lip & Cheek Color in Sunburst, Peach Glow and Fuchsia Lights.|
I combined some key products from the Bronze Goddess Collection with a couple Estee Lauder favorites for a clean, radiant, coral-infused look...
- Doublewear Makeup To Go in 4N1 Shell Beige (reviewed HERE) applied with a damp Beauty Blender. This foundation offers marvelous medium to full coverage and lasts the entire day (even in hot and humid weather) without requiring a touch up.
- *Summer Glow-Multi Palette: I applied a mixture of the tan and pink shades to define my eyelids and swept the tan shade along the hollows of my cheek bones, added the pink to the apples of my cheeks and blended the highlighter along my upper cheek bones, brow bones and down the bridge of my nose.
- I used my ring finger to pat a drop of the *Bronze Goddess Summer Glow Illuminator along my upper cheekbones and brow bone for additional radiance...the soft, reflective effect is so stunning in the sunlight.
- I buffed a touch of the pigmented side of the *Summer Glow Lip & Cheek Color Peach Glow into the apples of my cheeks for a soft flush and then added a bit more to my lips, followed by the glossy side of the *Sunburst shade.
- I applied two coats of the *Sumptuous Knockout Defining Lift and Fan Mascara (reviewed HERE) for full, jet black fringe.
- Nautical striped tee
|Foundation and mascara swatches.|
The following images reflect all products in action in direct sunlight...
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this overview of the latest Estee Lauder releases...the Bronze Goddess Collection (also available at Bloomingdales, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus and Saks), coupled with the immense sunshine we've had in Southern California this past week, has me longing for the summer months! I am loving the versatility of the Summer Glow-Multi Palette and Illuminator and will be reaching for the Lip and Cheek Glow in Peach Glow constantly whenever I'm in pursuit of a lush pop of color and a dash of radiance.
Will you be trying anything from the Bronze Goddess Collection? Do tell!
The Make Up Show Los Angeles begins tomorrow and runs through Sunday...as aforementioned, this is a premiere event for beauty lovers and a great opportunity to access a host of incredible makeup and interface with industry experts! The hours are 9 AM-6 PM on Saturday and 9 AM-5 PM on Sunday...will you be attending? We'll be there on Saturday...hope to see you there!
Good things ahead including a host of new product procurements and a fresh video...comments and email replies are also in the works ; )
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.