Today, I am excited to share a close up of the gloriously wearable, double-layered palette for neutral eye lovers. If this description has piqued your interest, do read on. I've also included some Boxing Day/weekend sale suggestions for those of you who have some newfound holiday gift cards burning a hole in your pocket...no time like the present for the best deals of the year!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches, images of the products in action and my Boxing Day sale suggestions as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: The Giorgio Armani Luxe Is More Palette, Maestro Brushes and Maestro Lip Stain #500.|
The Giorgio Armani Luxe is More Palette (also available at Neiman Marcus, Barney's NY, and Saks Fifth Avenue) is a two-layered wonder; the first layer houses 10 bewitching satin-finish, color rich powder eye shadows and the second layer contains a trio of complexion perfectors--two concealers and a translucent powder to be exact--to brighten up the oft-shadowed under eye region. Housed in a comely soft gold compact, the shades work in concert to create a pared-down, minimalist yet exceedingly beautiful effect that will flatter a range of skin tones. This limited-edition palette is every bit as luxurious as the name implies!
To compliment the neutral-eyed look that follows, I integrated the Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro #500 (also reviewed HERE), a creamy, pigment-saturated lip stain best described as a medium rosy nude. Every time I reach for this shade, someone asks me what I'm wearing and though my menagerie of nude lip color is extensive, I am hard-pressed to identify duplicates in my collection.
To apply the shadows and concealers from the Luxe is More Palette, I have been employing the use of three brushes from the new Giorgio Armani Maestro Brush Collection:
- The Maestro Angled Eye Brush: Whimsically fluffy and white, this brush features angled bristles that harmonize with the contour of the eye for luxuriously accurate application of powder and cream shades.
- The Maestro Blending Eye Brush: Marvelous for blending in the crease, the tapered tip is extremely effective for diffusing color.
- The Maestro Concealer Brush: This flat brush adeptly applies concealer, even in the small and sensitive orbital area.
|Above (from L-R): The Angled Eye Brush, the Blending Eye Brush and the Concealer Brush.|
Official details, courtesy of Nordstrom:
Giorgio Armani introduces the Luxe is More Palette, an oversized collection of colors for your eyes, cheeks and face. The top pan is filled with 10 harmonious eye shadows in a blend of colors that allow you to create a perfect nude eye on the go, while a second pan features a silky compact powder for a flawless, glowing look and two shades of compact cream foundation to sculpt and contour the face. The palette is tucked inside an exclusive velvet pouch and comes with two eye shadow applicators.
As aforementioned, the top layer consists of 10 subtly chic neutral eye shadows, most of which have a luminous satin finish. These shadows blend like a dream and play well together, enabling infinite possibilities. I prefer to apply directly to the lid (this formula is essentially crease-free which means no need for primer unless your lids are extra dewy to begin with) and let creativity take care of the rest; because every shade is neutral, there is a quiet confidence in experimenting, especially in light of the fact that this color collection is basically foolproof.
The shadows themselves are finely-milled with very little fallout and even though most shades possess a satin finish, there is no need to fear a "glitter effect." The luminosity is so effortlessly subtle that even the most shimmer-phobic individual would have grave difficulty finding fault in the finish. Simply exquisite!
Shade Descriptions (per my experience):
1. Pale shell beige (satin)
2. Warm light rose gold (satin)
3. Shimmering pale copper (satin)
4. Light neutral champagne (satin)
5. Rich black (matte)
6. Luminous ice blue (satin)
7. Radiant pearl white (satin)
8. Neutral light taupe (satin)
9. Warm rosy light taupe (satin)
10. Deep aubergine (satin)
|Above: Swatches in outdoor lighting.|
|Above: A closeup of the top layer of the palette.|
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Layer two...three components for a perfected visage.|
The second layer consists of two creamy concealers and a translucent setting powder. Both of the concealers are the same formula as the Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup Compact (swatched and reviewed HERE) and I find that a mixture of shades 1 and 2 banish all under eye darkness in seconds; the creamy formula is also excellent for mid-day touch ups, especially around the nose and mouth.
From a shade perspective, these two options will work best for fair to medium skin (@N/NW/NC 15-@N/NW/NC 30) but the translucent setting powder can be used on all skin types with great success.
|Above: Swatches of the concealers (1 + 2) and powder (3) in direct sunlight.|
|Above: The Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in #500 is a soft yet rich rosy nude.|
- Anthropologie: An extra 25% off sale items with code TAGTIME--check out these mod-inspired Rachel Comey booties for timeless utility.
- Equipment: An extra 25% off with code TAKE25--I just picked up this sweater (as warm as it is chic) and bronze-toned slim signature shirt.
- Free People: 25% off all sale items--this wool sweater dress with serious pockets is calling my name.
- Italist: Up to 50% off--I've been consistently pleased with my ordering experience from this European e-tailer and I have my eye on this unique Fendi key wallet.
- Luisa Via Roma: Up to 50% off--these Roberto Cavalli jeans are perfect.
- Neiman Marcus: Up to 60% off designer sale--I am saying "yes, please" to this Shoshanna dress, perfect for work and play.
- Net-A-Porter: A major sale (up to 70% off) across all categories--this 10K gold ear cuff (at drastic markdown, I might add) is unique and excellent for everyday wear.
- Nike: So many lovely gift options--I wear my Nikes constantly and these Air Max 1's may need to be added to the collection.
- Nordstrom: The Half Yearly Sale for Men, Women and Kids begins now and runs through January; save up to 50% off on a vast collection of wear now items including this Burberry coat!
- Revolve: Tons of markdowns in the Final Sale category...I'm loving the look of this Michael Stars jumpsuit.
- Shopbop: A host of sale options and these Stewart Weitzman heels may have to be mine.
- SpaceNK: Up to 50% off a wide variety of products plus free shipping on orders over $50. Now is a great time to stock up on By Terry Cover Expert (reviewed HERE) as it is half off in preparation for the impending release of an updated version (same exact formula plus a dash of SPF).
- The Real Real: There is always a sale to be found on this site and now is the ideal time to pick up a Cartier Trinity Band; I have two that I never take off!
--Shop the Sales--
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this beauty closeup of the brilliant Giorgio Armani Luxe is More Palette (also available at Neiman Marcus, Barney's NY, and Saks Fifth Avenue) and would love to hear your thoughts on this stunningly neutral, limited-edition collection of shades.
What are some of YOUR favorite Giorgio Armani Beauty products?
Good things ahead, including a Favorites of 2015 video, a New Year's Eve look and a host of product procurements. I am also in the midst of working my way through BP comments and emails...thanks for your patience in this busy time of year!
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.