|Above: Products to achieve my take on NYFW.|
Now that New York Fashion Week is over, it's time to ruminate on the looks that debuted. From intense hairstyles to color-saturated canvases, the runways were a landscape for inspiration.
Some key elements that personally resonated with me included the strategic usage of braids, a unique spin on eyeliner, fresh glowing skin, a powerful pop of color and a "my lips but better" matte rose pout. Consequently, I decided to craft a look--suitable for everyday wear at home, school and work--that collectively reflected all of these trends!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and my NYFW-inspired look in action...
|Above: The look.|
Revisiting some of my accessible and affordable Walgreens recommendations from last month (discussed HERE), I embraced products from Circa, Boots Botanics and No7 to assemble my NYFW-inspired look:
- I started by painting my nails with Essie nail polish in Como Here. This bright coral-meets-red added just the right pop of color to my otherwise neutral look.
- Then, I tapped a bit of the Boots Botanics All Bright Radiance Balm along my upper cheekbones and down the center of my nose for a subtle glow.
- To brighten the eyes and conceal darkness, I blended a touch of the Boots Botanics Radiance Highlighter Pen along my orbital area.
- To sculpt the face, I swept the Boots No7 Perfectly Bronzed Mosaic Bronzer along my cheekbones and around the perimeters of my face.
- I applied the Circa Color Saturated Eye Crayon in Sparking Citrine on my upper eyelids and along my lower lash line for a radiant champagne-toned base.
- I carefully swept the Circa Vivid Vinyl Eye Lining Fluid in Vibrant Emerald along my upper lash line (closest to the lashes) and created not one but two tails for a unique twist on liquid liner. The precise tip of this liner makes this a reasonable feat, even for those who find liquid liner to be a challenge!
- I finished the eye area by adding two coats of the Boots No7 Lash Impact Mascara for full and lengthened lashes.
- To create a customized satin-matte rosy nude lip, I mixed the Boots Botanics All Bright Radiance Balm with some shavings from the No7 Perfectly Bronzed Mosaic Bronzer and tapped the combination onto my lips like a true backstage makeup artist might do. The result couldn't have been more divine!
|Above: A brilliant pop of color for the nails.|
|Above: The components for my custom satin-matte rosy lip color. I love beauty alchemy!|
|Above: The deep emerald green of this liquid liner adds an unexpected dimension of intrigue.|
|Above: All about eyes and a luminescent glow.|
|Above: Add a dash of color to the look with the Colour Prevails Eye Shimmer Powder in Emerald (at top right corner), featured in action HERE.|
The following images reflect all products in action in various lighting situations...
|Above: Last look.|
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed my interpretation of a modern yet wearable look from NYFW; the fact that it can be created with accessible and affordable products from Walgreens further enhances its allure in my book, making it an excellent example of runway to real-way!
What NYFW looks inspired YOU?
Good things ahead!
--The Beauty Professor
“Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Walgreens through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Walgreens Beauty, all opinions are my own.”