|Above: Shorts for work...yes, they will do.|
We are experiencing a major Indian Summer heatwave in Southern California right now...not just marginally hot, not just relatively hot, I'm talking 100+ degrees and over 80% humidity hot! Couple that inferno with a classroom that is not air-conditioned and what's a girl to do? Today, the answer was shorts and booties.
Kindly scroll on for all the details, including what makeup is taking me through this sweltering week...
|Above: A black cotton v neck for a polished, dressed down look.|
I embraced a simple combination involving:
- A classic James Perse black v neck (I have this particular tee in mutiples)
- Unique high waisted folk print shorts by Topshop (also found HERE)
- I finished off the look with some of my favorite Freebird by Steven Bolo booties.
Relaxed yet polished, covered up yet breezy, this is an outfit that simply works.
|Above: Glow at dusk.|
My makeup process was equally effectively, taking me through hours of heat with minimal wear and tear. The images above and below reflect my look by the day's end (10 hours after application). I used key products from my Bulletproof Foundation Routine video to help keep
(7) Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation in 05 Natural (available at Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus): Review HERE
(8) Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow (mixed into the Tom Ford foundation). Full review of this luminous gem soon!
(10) Chantecaille Liquid Lumiere Highlighting Fluid in Luster: Reviewed HERE
(11) Clè de Peau Beautè Eye Color Quad in Stellar Gaze: Reviewed HERE
(12) Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in 030 Prune: Reviewed HERE
(13) Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro Powder in 02 Medium (available at Nordstrom and Net-A-Porter): Mentioned HERE
(14) NARS Julie and Raquel Lipsticks: Reviewed HERE and HERE
(15) Laura Mercier Bare Baby Lip Glace: Reviewed HERE
|Above: The work day is finally finished.|
|Above: I love the pattern on these shorts!|
|Above: These booties take me through the day (and night) quite frequently.|
|Above: This is about as colorful as I get.|
|Above: Shorts are splendid...but I'm hoping for a cooling trend...au revoir, Indian Summer.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: Sometimes the weather mandates shorts, even when fall is in our midst. I hope you enjoyed this work-appropriate answer to Indian Summer conditions ; )
Good things ahead including my Neiman Marcus Project Beauty haul (have you seen my latest piece for the NM blog?), new product reviews a-plenty and foundation swatches galore!
What is new with YOU?
xx and stay cool,
--The Beauty Professor
**Some PR samples provided for review (the majority bought by me) however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.