|Above: An array of Laura Mercier for a flawless face.|
I have used Laura Mercier products for years. From Secret Camouflage (nothing conceals blemishes better) to her Creme Smooth lipstick in 60's Pink (reviewed HERE), her cosmetics are tasteful, classic and endlessly wearable. Although the color in the Laura Mercier line is gorgeous, the brand is perhaps most synonymous with the concept of the flawless face. With base products ranging from sheer tinted moisturizer to finely-milled mineral powder (and everything in-between), the flawless face now has a new Laura Mercier option...the Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide, a revolutionary oil-free formula that feels extraordinarily light while still providing magnificent coverage.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches, a Laura Mercier-centric beauty look and the Bottom Line...
|Above: Laura Mercier flawless face options, including award-winning primer and tinted moisturizer.|
Initially, I was able to visit with Laura Mercier Specialist, Erika Poblano, who candidly shared the flawless face philosophy with me. I couldn't wait to swatch the freshly-released Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide, which comes in an impressive spectrum of 24 shades!
|Above: Laura Mercier Makeup Artist Erika Poblano and Beauty Professor.|
The Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide is brilliant. The liquid formula feels like water and glides on the skin effortlessly, leaving an incredibly natural veil of buildable, medium to full coverage in its wake. I find that only a few drops are necessary to cover my entire face and, should more coverage be necessary, another drop or two can be buffed on without looking the slightest bit cakey.
This formula has a satin matte finish that doesn't oxidize; it is friendly to sensitive skin (like mine!) and has particularly significant lasting power. Although it feels quite "thin" and liquid in texture, once it sets (in approximately 30 seconds or so), it doesn't slide, budge, pool or transfer...marvelous!
|Above: The ingredients for MY flawless face...Laura Mercier Radiance Foundation Primer + Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide in Dusk.|
Here are the official details, courtesy of Laura Mercier:
smooth finish flawless fluide
I was able to swatch 11 shades of the Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide--representative of neutral, warm and cool undertones--in the 24 color spectrum and am thrilled to present them to you in various lighting situations.
Shade descriptions (per my experience) are as follows:
|Above: Swatches of the neutral shades in direct sunlight.|
- Vanille: Very light beige for fair skin with neutral undertones (@N/NC 15)
- Honey: Light beige for light-medium skin with neutral to warm undertones (@N/NC 25)
- Linen: Light beige for light skin with netural undertones (@N 23)
- Buff: Light beige for light-medium skin with neutral undertones (@N 25-27)
- Praline: Medium/medium-dark beige for medium skin with neutral undertones (@N 35-37)
- Pecan: Medium-deep beige for deep skin with neutral to warm undertone (@N/NW 40-45)
|Above: Swatches of the neutral shades in outdoor shade.|
|Above: Swatches of select warm shades in direct sunlight.|
- Ivory: Very light beige for fair skin with warm undertones (@NC 10-15)
- Dusk: Medium beige for medium skin with warm undertones (@NC 27) **My current match!
- Chai: Medium-deep beige for medium-deep skin with warm undertones (@NC 35)
|Above: Swatches of select warm shades in outdoor shade.|
|Above: Swatches of select cool shades in direct sunlight.|
- Ecru: Light beige for light skin with rosy undertones (@NW 20)
- Chestnut: Deepest for rich ebony skin with cool, rosy undertones (@NW 60)
|Above: Swatches of select cool shades in outdoor shade.|
|Above: Products for my Laura Mercier beauty look.|
Laura Mercier products utilized for the beauty look below include:
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer (Radiance Formula)
- Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide in Dusk
- Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks in Amethyst and Rosegold (on upper lids and lower lash line)
- Laura Mercier Full Blown Mascara (two coats)
- Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Color in Creme Coral
- Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Bare Baby
- Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Nectar
|Above: A closeup of the Creme Smooth Lip Color in Coral Creme...stunning, no?|
|Above: Swatches of all Laura Mercier products used to create the beauty look...this image was taken in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Creme Coral + Bare Baby.|
Below: The following images reflect the Laura Mercier-centric beauty look I created by ulitizing the product list above...
|Above: A Laura Mercier flawless face from dawn 'till dusk.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: The Laura Mercier line is classically beautiful; from its vibrant color collection to one of the most comprehensive spectrum of base options ever to be housed within a single brand, the flawless face is achievable for every woman. I am duly impressed by the texture, finish, performance and wear of the Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide and would love to hear your thoughts on this formidable formula!
I hope your week is off to a lovely start...xx and much more soon,
--The Beauty Professor
**Post sponsored by Laura Mercier, however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.