|Above: BP post-Trend Event fashion show (wearing an Equipment France dress)|
Eager anticipation for Fall 2014 officially commenced with the Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills Trend Event, which I attended on Wednesday 8/13. With many of us sweltering, doing our best to mitigate the mid-August heat in our relaxed summer wardrobe, it's all the more tempting to get excited about richly appointed coats and jackets of cashmere, wool and leather, as long as there are cooler months ahead in which to where them! Before I share a sampling of the key style trends from the event, I am thrilled to offer a close-up look at the latest Le Metier de Beaute Kaleidoscope, Gemini Kiss, which I was able to swatch prior to the fashion show.
Kindly scroll on for more details, a host of images and the Bottom Line...
The Gemini Kiss Kaleidoscope features four trays of split-pan lip color with both matte and glossy finishes; this equals eight shade options, that, when combined, yield endless possibilities. As someone who carries eight to ten lip colors in her purse at any given time (I have issues, I know), this Kaleidoscope is a brilliant solution!
Contact Mishel Brown or Scott Reyes at the LMdB counter (310) 550-5900 Ext. 2087) to reserve yours.
Shade Descriptions (per my experience):
- Top Tray: Matte nude rose and glossy sheer baby pink.
- Second Tray from Top: Bright matte fuchsia and cool light pink gloss.
- Third Tray from Top: Matte dusty peach rose (warmer than the top tray matte shade) and iridescent sheer nude gloss.
- Bottom Tray: Bold orange-infused matte red and shimmery, sheer pale coral gloss.
A few words about the lip color formulas:
- The matte lip color is intensely pigmented and very light weight; one coat is all that is necessary to reach full opacity. Additionally, a conservative pat of this formula onto the lips results in a beautiful "stained" effect.
- The gloss options are plush and sheer and delightfully non-sticky.
- The shades in this Kaleidoscope allow for a spectrum of lip looks to be achieved...from the palest nude (executed with Tray 1) to the boldest warm red (using options from Tray 4) and everything in-between.
- This is a gorgeous option for LMdB lip color lovers!
|Above: Swatches in indoor lighting (no flash).|
|Above: Swatches in indoor lighting (with a flash).|
|Above: A closer look at trays 1 and 2.|
|Above: A closer look at trays 3 and 4.|
|Above: Swatches by a window (no flash).|
|Above: Swatches by a window (with a flash).|
|Above: Testing my camera for the action to come.|
The Fall 2014 Trends are punctuated by:
- Chunky Knits in an array of soft, neutral colors
- Outerwear in classic patterns and rich and unexpected hues.
- Statement Necklaces to add complexity and uniqueness to a traditional fall look
|Above: Integrating a lush pullover sweater instantly transforms a basic blouse and pant combination.|
|Above: A body conscious knit dress is a sleek way to embrace fall trends.|
|Above: A leopard print puts a new twist on the leather jacket staple and a full skirt (like this one from Halston Heritage) adds a classic element to an edgy look.|
|Above: Bold fuchsia delivers richness to this outerwear choice.|
|Above: Modernist Buyer Lori Caplin and model in a spontaneous moment of levity. Nothing says Fall like plaid!|
|Above: Mixing patterns...approved and appropriate...will you embrace this trend?|
|Above: The fashion show's hosts, demonstrating mutual appreciation.|
|Above: Madly in love with this reversible cape by The Row.|
|Above: The attendees went home with gorgeous gift bags from Sugarfina.|
|Above: BP with the lovely Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills General Manager Ariela Shani.|
Bottom Line: The Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills Fall 2014 Trend Event was marvelous; replete with a heavenly swatching session at the LMdB counter and a stunning fashion show that makes me yearn for fall weather more than ever, events at Neiman Marcus do not disappoint!
Good things ahead including fresh foundation reviews, a new video and a seasonal FOTD...have a splendid weekend...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.