|Above: Available at Barney's NY, Sephora, Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom, the YSL Kiss + Blush formula has a matte, creamy texture that can be used to add color to both the lips and the cheeks!|
Sometimes, a lip color can inspire an entire state of mind. For this particular FOTD, I embraced YSL Kiss + Blush #9 Rose Epicurien as a springboard to the sensibilities of the early 1960's...a soft canvas, rich cat eye and light mauve pout work to capture the brilliant stylings and bewitching grace of the peerless Brigitte Bardot.
Kindly scroll on for iconic images of Brigitte Bardot, details on YSL Kiss + Blush and my take on this 1960's FOTD as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: Brigitte Bardot's effortless canvas in this image guided my face and eye makeup choices for this post.|
|Above: The muted mauve lip in this classic shot was my goal; YSL Kiss + Blush in Rose Epicurien was a clear choice.|
|Above: The Kiss + Blush formula is pigmented, creamy and lush, with a soft, demi-matte finish.|
|Above: Rose Epicurien is a soft mauve-tinged pink...the plush, convex, doe-foot applicator is a tactile experience, indeed.|
|Above: Rose Epicurien is a soft mauve-tinged pink.|
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (as a priming and illuminating base...reviewed HERE)
- Eve Lom Radiance Lift Foundation in #4 Vanilla...reviewed HERE
- Giorgio Armani Sun Fabric #100 as a light contour...reviewed HERE
- Le Metier de Beaute Creme Fresh Tint in Mystique (on the apples of the cheeks...reviewed HERE)
- A light dusting of Eve Lom Sheer Radiance Powder to set and refine...reviewed HERE
- Surratt Beauty Autographique Liquid Liner (on upper lash line...reviewed HERE)
- By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon (smudged and blended along lower lash line...reviewed HERE)
- Surratt Beauty Relevee Mascara (two coats on upper and lower lashes...reviewed HERE)
- YSL Kiss + Blush in #9 Rose Epicurien on lips and a touch more on the cheeks to add depth...formula reviewed HERE
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I truly hope your weekend is lovely and that you enjoyed this FOTD! Raised on movies of the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s, I cannot help but to reference the classic looks of those decades in my beauty pursuits...as they say, everything old is new again.
Have you shopped early access at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale yet? I did! My full shopping list can be found HERE (images of my recent purchases to follow!). Also, for contouring tips, take a peek at the July 2014 edition of the Neiman Marcus Beauty Cue, where I share my steps to definition using the marvelous Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate.
xoxo and more soon,
--The Beauty Professor
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.