|Above: The Chanel Fall 2014 Collection.|
After ample pool time on Saturday, I headed to the gorgeous Gardens Mall yesterday and couldn't resist engaging in some iPhone-enabled guerilla swatching at Saks Fifth Avenue; fortunately, the Chanel Fall 2014 collection had just arrived earlier that morning, making my retail excursion oh so productive!
Kindly scroll on for more details and swatches of the Chanel Fall 2014 Collection as well as a glimpse of my latest Palm Beach procurement...hint...they're made by Prada!
|Above: The Saks Fifth Avenue at the Gardens Mall in Palm Beach.|
|Above: At the exposition of my shopping expedition.|
|Above: The Chanel Fall 2014 Etats Poetiques Collection had arrived mere hours earlier in the day....just in time for a hearty swatching session.|
Chanel Fall 2014 Etats Poetiques Collection Products Swatched (in order of appearance in this post):
Lèvres Scintillantes / Glossimer $29.50
• Rose Rêvé / Milky Pink / Limited Edition...gorgeous in the tube, but quite sheer in my swatch.
• Songe / Iridescent Pearl / Limited Edition...this is the only item I bought...it has a gorgeous pearl appearance with killer pink iridescence (image of Songe on the lips at the end of this post!)
Ombre Essentielle / Soft Touch Eyeshadow - $29.50
• Sensation / Ivory Pink / Limited Edition...a pale, barely there, pink-toned beige.
• Palpitation / Soft Rose / Limited Edition...a beautiful light mauve rose pink.
• Admiration / Golden Yellow...very bright, perhaps appropriate as an accent shade.
• Exaltation / Bright Pink...a bold, yet very muted, almost magenta pink.
• Hésitation / Pink Plum...a brown-toned plum of medium depth in my experience
• Pulsion / Deep Plum...practically blackish purple in nature.
**With the exception of Sensation, all of these shades were velvety and packed with pigment!
Les 4 Ombres / Quadra Eye Shadow $59.00
• Mystic Eyes / Deep Brown, Light Pink, Shimmering Grey, Copper Brown / Repromote
Les Beiges / Healthy Glow Sheer Colour Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen - $57.50
• N°40 / Repromote
Joues Contraste / Powder Blush - $45.00
• Innocence / Rosewood...this blush is fairly pigmented medium pink...too dark for my skin (which seems to turn everything darker than it appears upon initial application) but lovely for those looking for a true neutral pink flush.
Rouge Coco Shine / Hydrating Sheer Lipshine $35.00
• Intime / Soft Pink...a "my lips but better shade" if ever there was one!
• Viva / Intense Fuchsia / Limited Edition...bold and pigmented, this shade makes a statement.
• Confident / Intense Rosewood...a darker, rosy brown nude, this will be stunning on medium and medium-dark complexions.
• Aura / Plum...the most dramatic rosy plum, it reminds me of a slightly deeper, more saturated Clinique Black Honey or Lipstick Queen Medieval.
|Above: Swatches of the glosses.|
|Above: The new shadows have a velvet texture that is drenched with pigment.|
|Above: Swatches of the new shadows.|
|Above: Mystic Eyes is a lovely repromote...such wearable shades for a neutral eye.|
|Above: Swatches of the Mystic quad.|
|Above: The cheek products.|
|Above: Les Beiges #40 is a very flattering bronzer for light and medium skin tones and the Innocence blush offers a neutral, medium pink flush with minimal shimmer.|
|Above: The new Rouge Coco Shines.|
|Above: Swatches of the Rouge Coco Shine releases.|
|Above: I adore the 1920's meets 1960s styling of these shoes.|
Upon swatching the Chanel collection, I stumbled upon these incredible Prada heels (link is for the black patent version); beguiled by their exquisite nude hue and immense comfort, I was compelled to splurge on these classic beauties. I am confident that I will be able to wear them over the course of all four seasons as well as for years to come. To attest to their immediate utility, I was able to wear them later on in the day for a business dinner with my husband; I am thrilled to report that they were an utter joy to don! I can't find a direct link for the nude pair online, but this pair from Nordstrom and this pair from Saks are definitely in the same vein.
|Above: Dinner on Worth Avenue in Palm Beach...the architecture takes my breath away, each and every time I get the chance to visit.|
|Above: Wearing my new shoes with a simple, black fit and flair dress by Felicity and Coco...this frock is so brilliantly classic and I've already been able to wear it a few times since buying it in April!|
|Above: Chanel Songe Glossimer on the lips (over a touch of Dior Fluid Stick in 389 Kiss Me).|
Bottom Line: I hope you found the Chanel Fall 2014 Collection swatches helpful and would love to hear what is catching your eye! The collection is currently available in-store at Saks Fifth Avenue and online at Macy's and I will include additional online retailer links here as the products continue to roll out!
I am facing the last couple of days of my vacation and am so thankful for the rest and relaxation. I hope your week has been lovely thus far...what is new with YOU?
Exciting posts coming up on BP in the coming days!
--The Beauty Professor
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.