|Above: The entirety of my Mother's Day Gift Guide.|
Mother's Day is this Sunday...if the pressing question of what to choose for the endlessly important women in our lives still remains, I hope the following gift guide will provide a bit of inspiration!
Kindly scroll on for 26 carefully curated Mother's Day suggestions...
Skincare, Home + Accessories:
1. Tweezerman Ultra Precision Series Tin-Coated Slant Tweezers: Tweezerman makes some of the best tweezers on the market and this model is no exception...classic and capable, the golden hue makes it a gift worth giving!
2. Glam Glow BRIGHTMUD Eye Treatment: These individually packaged pods (enough for a single treatment for both eyes) house an intensely nourishing concoction that calms tired eyes and leaves the skin of the orbital area noticeably smoother, brighter and glowing. Just what every woman wants.
3. DBELT: This genius invention is perfect for active women...the elastic belt (sized XS-XL) features streamlined zipper pockets for credit cards, cell phone, house/car key and a headphone portal so that you can keep your most important items on your person, comfortably and discretely, when working out. I love using this on long walks (no more overflowing pockets!) and even managed to slip a lipgloss in one of the pockets; )
4. NUDE ProGenius Treatment Oil: I have given this formula great laud (HERE and HERE) and continue to regularly use it in my rotation as an overnight treatment to balance and hydrate skin. Packed with essential oils that absorb instantly, I love the fact that it is a moisturizer and anti-aging formula in one. This is the perfect foray into beauty oils, for even the lowest maintenance woman...I recommend it as a singular product to anyone that asks!
5. FakeBake Fair Gradual Self Tanner: Designed to develop a believable tan for even the fairest of skin, this gradual self tanning formula engenders a gorgeous light bronze with regular use. A lovely tan that is easy to maintain without a hint of sun exposure? Yes, please.
6. Midnight Promise fragrance: This latest creation of Master Perfumer Sarah Horowitz boasts notes of Vanilla, Incense, Musk, Red Moroccan Rose and Red Mandarin with a hint of Cinnamon. It's warm, inviting, elegant, sensual and undeniably feminine...a truly gorgeous juice for the woman in our life!
7. Everpro Beauty Gray Away: The aerosol can dispenses a fine tinted mist (sold in a spectrum of shades) that, when directed at the roots, skillfully hides gray regrowth, allowing one to go longer between hair coloring appoints. Once it dries, it stays in place until washed it out...a brilliant solution to an age-old problem.
8. Karora Express Bronzing Mousse: When one would like more immediate bronzing results, this formula is just the ticket! Upon application, a rich, deep, golden tan develops within an hour and the intensity of the tan is mitigated by how soon after you decide to take a shower. One hour after...and the tan is a light glow, two hours and a deeper version emerges...three hours and the tan has reached maximum potential.
9. RoC Deep Wrinkle Night Cream: Retinol is the premier ingredient to combat the lines, wrinkles and discoloration associated with aging skin and RoC is at the helm of Retinol research. This cream is an excellent vehicle for delivering a gradual dose of Retinol that truly works to smooth and refine with each night of use. Befitting and effective for women of all ages!
10. NEST Candle in Vanilla, Orchid and Almond: I am currently breathing in the deliciousness that is this candle as I type this post. Slightly sweet yet very fresh, it is the quintessential home scent for a warm, cozy and relaxing environment.
11. Koh Gen Do Hand & Nail Treatment: The diminutive tube of this rich moisturizer lasts forever (I've had mine for nearly two years!). Just a pea-sized amount of the potent formula (I apply at bedtime) smooths and hydrates hands...a bit more along one's nails and cuticles and the entire hand has been pampered with natural oils and Shea Butter, somehow, simultaneously avoiding all signs of a greasy finish. It is a must for hand cream lovers!
1. Surratt Beauty Large Compact: A generous mirror and innovative system for customization make this sleek palette a worthy investment. The Surratt Beauty options are impeccable...I have nothing but love for the line. For details on how I created my own, take a peek HERE!
2. Napoleon Perdis Cotton Butter Balm Trio: These cottonseed oil-infused retractable balm sticks come in three gloriously neutral shades (full review soon!) that instantly hydrate while simultaneously leaving a wash of creamy color the lips. They are limited edition, so I highly recommend procuring them while you can.
3. Ardency Inn Custom Coverage Concentrate: The intensely pigmented formula allows for one to customize and create a tinted moisturizer, medium coverage foundation or full coverage concealer...with a beautiful skin-like finish that stays in place, this is a lovely starting point for even the most foundation-phobic moms in existence. Mentioned HERE and HERE, my full review with swatches of every shade will be live in the very near future!
4. By Terry Cellularose Brightening CC Lumi Serum in Immaculate Light and Sunny Flash: These skincare-meets primer-meets illuminator-meets all good things simply make the skin look better. I like mixing both #1 Immaculate Light and #4 Sunny Flash for a golden beige base that adds the most beautiful radiance and lasting power to virtually any foundation formula (this process will be featured in my upcoming "April Favorites" video). These are a true gift, indeed...swatches HERE.
5. Jouer Cosmetics: The products are superb (just type JOUER in my blog search bar for a litany of posts singing their praises!) and their ability to snap together makes them entirely functional as well. I love attaching 3-4 favorites (e.g., an eyeshadow, highlighter, blush and powder) for a custom made creation...Jouer is like building blocks for beauty lovers! Visit HERE for my latest Jouer post.
6. Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Powder: I cannot say enough good things about this powder...imperceptible yet perfecting and brimming with anti-aging ingredients, watched and reviewed HERE.
7. By Terry Baume de Rose: My nightstand balm of choice...this is a luxurious splurge that every woman should be fortunate enough to try. The feminine scent of rose is second only to its powers to moisturize the driest of lips!
8. Lipstick Queen Jungle Queen: I recently reviewed this gorgeous coral red stunner HERE. For moms that love a classic walk on the wild side, this shade is a must!
9. Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss in Pretty: For more conservative tastes, the undeniably pretty Pretty is a non-sticky, uber-hydrating, ultra-reflective wonder that flatters all skin types with a delicate pinky sheen. Swatched and reviewed HERE.
10. Cle de Peau Concealer: A cult favorite, it is so very potent (in terms of coverage, lasting power and visual impact...one swipe and blemishes, discoloration and dark circles are instantly banished) and definitely worth the investment-calibur price tag. I recently bought a tube in Beige for my mom...she is enchanted with it. Also mentioned HERE.
11. Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade: This pomade offers believable enhancement to one's brows and is impervious to wear...it stays put until it is removed. There is a reason it is sold out practically everywhere...I have mentioned its virtues HERE.
12. Cle de Peau Cream Foundation (available at Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus): I have used this almost every day since buying this over a month and a half ago...this is momentous for me. My full review, HERE, says everything else. Apropos for the mom who loves foundation and still is on the hunt for "the one."
13. Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Trio: A high-quality drugstore find, these creamy, pigmented eyeliners glide on with rich color for a dramatic effect and stay put for long work days and nights out. Super beautiful!
14. Surratt Beauty Relevee Mascara: Typically, I have a case of mascara ADD, however, I started using Relevee back in November and haven't looked back! Full, lush, long lashes that do. not. smudge. This formula is dreamy, indeed. Oh, and my mom adores it as well ; ) Reviewed HERE.
15. Jenny Patinkin Domed Multi-Blender Brush: This brush blends concealer so well, it is easy to forget that you ever applied it...my full review of this splendid line can be found HERE.
|Above: My beloved mom (and blog assistant!), Laura, and me.|
Bottom Line: Our moms deserve much more than tangible presents...unconditional love and eternal gratitude are the goals; however, the gift of beauty is a great place to start ; )
What are YOU getting your mom for Mother's Day, or if you are a mom to someone, human or furry (!), what do YOU hope to receive on Sunday?
xx and much more soon,
--The Beauty Professor
** Some products mentioned are PR sample provided for review (the rest bought by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. This post contains affiliate links; my disclosure policy contains additional details on how these work.