|Above: The iconic fretwork of the Tory Burch fragrance...luxe, indeed.|
As April comes to a close, I wanted to take the opportunity to briefly highlight an eclectic assortment of products I've been loving this month...some have been previously mentioned in recent posts while others are making their Beauty Professor debut today!
Kindly scroll on for images and details as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: The 3.4 ounce flacon of Tory Burch...bright and classic, this is the quintessential springtime scent.|
(1) Tory Burch Fragrance: This newly-released scent emanates springtime. Clean and classic, its blend of peony, tuberose and sparkling citrus radiate the brightness of a beautiful sunny day. The dry down notes of neroli and vetiver give it an intriguing quality that translates as both playful and sophisticated. This undeniably warm-weather fragrance comes in both 1.7 and 3.4 fluid ounce flacons and can be purchased at Neiman Marcus, Sephora and Nordstrom.
|Above: The balm-like Eve Lom Cleanser + Muslin Cloth is a tactile and effective experience in cleansing.|
(2) Eve Lom Cleanser + Muslin Cloth: I must admit, I am late to the party on this highly-rated and esteemed cult favorite cleanser. The silky, balm-like texture harnesses the powers of aromatic oils and soothing chamomile to gently exfoliate and thoroughly clean the skin, leaving it balanced and toned. The accompanying Muslin cloth effortlessly removes every last bit of the cleanser without irritating sensitive skin and notably, even on the driest of days, my skin feels entirely hydrated (rather than stripped) after using his cleaner.
|Above: Pulverized pumice and nourishing vitamin E work in tandem to create the smoothest skin ever.|
(3) Bliss Micro Magic Spa-Powered Microdermabrasion Treatment: I recently took this on my trip to Dallas in place of my trusty Clarisonic (I am a newly-reformed over packer!) and was astounded by the power of this scrub to instantly and gently exfoliate and smooth my skin. One minute of massage with the finely-milled volcanic pumice formula and my skin was left refreshed, baby soft and glowing. It is extremely efficacious yet gentle on sensitive skin...I highly doubt that I will ever travel again without it!
|Above: An un-retouched, unfiltered image of skin the day after a Bliss Micro Magic treatment...accessories include Chloe Cycas sunglasses and YSL Rouge Volupte #002 Sensual Silk.|
|Above: Eight & Bob comes housed in a hollowed out book...very clever and erudite.|
(4) Eight & Bob Fragrance: This fascinating fragrance comes housed in a book with the center of the pages cut out so it can nestle securely. Flanked by an enchanting and illustrious history dating back to 1937 and involving a French Rivera vacation, a yet-to-be US President and a secret cologne blend, this slightly green, definitely woodsy and spicily captivating juice was designed for a man but can be worn by an adventurous and unconventional woman as well. It's difficult to pinpoint the complexity of its notes...but I am certain of one thing...I adore it!
|Above: A swatch of the Napoleon Perdis Matte Eye Ink in direct sunlight.|
(5) Napoleon Perdis Matte Eye Ink: I have already heralded this stunning, newly-released liquid liner formula HERE and HERE but wanted to share some dedicated images as well. Jet black and very long lasting, the precision point glides on with ease, yielding a deep, matte line that lasts all day, impervious to smudging or flaking. I love
|Above: Napoleon Matte Eye Ink in action + MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencil in Patentpink alone on the lips.|
|Above: A closeup alone on the eye.|
|Above: The YSL Babydoll Kiss and Blush formula has a unique paddle-meets-doe foot applicator that skillfully places color where you want it.|
(6) YSL Babydoll Kiss and Blush #1 Fuchsia Desinvolte: This lip and blush hybrid boasts a hydrating, creamy, semi-matte, shimmer-free formula that seamlessly deposits color (not texture) and lasts for hours. For maximum impact, Fuchsia Desinvolt adds a wash of bold pink that translates into a "just pinched" look on the cheeks and a "daringly coy" effect on the lips. I also own this formula in the softer, cooler, lavender-leaning #9 Rose Epicurean (swatched and reviewed HERE) for more subdued beauty moments.
|Above: A swatch of Fuchsia Desinvolte in direct sunlight.|
|Above: At Dallas' very own Flagship Neiman Marcus during the r/S conference last weekend. The architecture and design is utterly gorgeous (more images soon!).|
Bottom Line: April has been a lightning-fast month of travel and discovery and I am so excited about the products that I have mentioned both here as well as the ones slated for future posts!
What has been catching YOUR eye lately?
Up next...a drugstore skincare favorite for warm weather, more foundation swatches (Le Metier de Beaute + ARDENCY INN), a recap of my r/S Conference experience in Dallas last week, a full review of the By Terry Cellularose CC Lumi-Serum (already mentioned HERE and HERE) and some new nude lip color acquisitions!
xoxo and have a wonderful rest of the week,
--The Beauty Professor
** Some products mentioned were PR sample provided for review (the rest bought by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. This post contains affiliate links; my disclosure policy contains additional details on how these work.