During my trip to Seattle last week (full recap to come!), I managed to swatch every shade (with the exception of #56, which was mysteriously missing) of the Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation.
Since posting my review on this foundation last August, I've received a myriad of questions from readers hoping to find their perfect shade...in turn, I hope this post is useful, especially for those who need to order this formula (which, by the way, is extremely full coverage and long wearing) online!
Scroll on for swatches in various lighting and shade descriptions...
|Above: Swatches in indoor lighting.|
There are fourteen shades in the Lock It Tattoo Foundation formula:
1. Light 42: Fair complexions with pink undertones
2. Light 44: Light complexions with neutral beige undertones
3. Light 46: Light complexions with pink undertones
4. Light 48: Medium complexions with beige undertones **in some lights this is a hint darker than Medium 52
5. Medium 52: Medium/light complexion with warm beige undertones
6. Medium 54: Medium complexions with warm beige undertones
7. Medium 56: (missing in images): Medium complexions with neutral beige undertones
8. Medium 58: Medium complexions with pink beige undertones
9. Medium 62: Medium/golden complexions with yellow undertones
10. Medium 64: Medium/deep complexions with pink beige undertones
11. Deep 66: Medium/deep complexions with warm beige undertones
12. Deep 68: Deep complexions with yellow beige undertones
13. Deep 70: Deep complexions with beige undertones
14. Deep 72: Deep complexions with pink beige undertones
|Above: Swatches outdoors in the shade.|
|Above: Close up of the lighter shades.|
|Above: Close up of the medium and deep shades.|
|Above: Swatches in outdoor lighting.|
|Above: Post-swatching in the rain at the downtown Seattle Sephora ; )|