|Above: The Hourglass #28 Lip Oil features an innovative pump dispenser and luxurious 24 karat gold-plated tip that allows the product to effortlessly glide across the lips.|
I recently had the chance to try the Hourglass #28 Lip Oil; to put my trial into the proper context, kindly allow me to describe my lips. Despite using a litany of high-end lip products, my lips have always battled with dryness. Once they get chapped, they then begin to peel incessantly, which is both annoying and uncomfortable! Some of the products that have helped me to combat said dehydration include Rouge Bunny Rouge Shimmering Luxe Balm, Lip Fusion XL and Koh Gen Do Lip Chiffon. None of them have completely eradicated my dryness, but all have helped to make it more manageable.
I am happy to report that it is time for me to add a new product to my arsenal...the Hourglass #28 Lip Oil not only has added extreme moisture to my lips, but it also has improved the overall texture of my lip skin...it is smoother, fuller and and delightfully pillowy. The scent translates to a very natural aroma; once applied, I immediately a complex blend of note lemon, ylang ylang and clove. I appreciate the fact that does not have any added artificial fragrance...the scent is created by the active ingredients themselves! Although it does not purport to be a "lip plumper" (like Lip Venom or Lip Fusion) per se, the 28 carefully-curated botanical ingredients work in harmony to fill in fine lines and increase hydration, ultimately resulting in a fuller, healthier lip zone!
Read on for official product information as well as my latest video on this product...
THE GOLD STANDARD FOR LIPS
AN ADVANCED ANTI-AGING TREATMENT FOR LIPS THAT COMBINES BOTANICALS, VITAMINS AND THREE POWERFUL ACTIVE INGREDIENTS IN A SUPREMELY LUXURIOUS OIL BLEND. NO. 28 LIP TREATMENT OIL HYDRATES, REJUVENATES AND REGENERATES THE DELICATE LIP AREA BY BOOSTING MOISTURE LEVELS, REDUCING WRINKLES, AND IMPROVING LIP SHAPE, VOLUME AND SOFTNESS. EQUIPPED WITH AN OPULENT 24-KARAT GOLD-PLATED TIP.
SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE: $42
AVAILABLE: May 2013
AVAILABLE AT: Sephora, Sephora.com, Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Space NK
- A richly concentrated oil blend that fuses botanicals, vitamins and cutting-edge actives to deliver anti-aging, hydration, regeneration and essential protection to the delicate lip area.
- No. 28 has both short- and long-term benefits for the lips. The combination of essential oils, plant oils and vitamins works on contact to condition lips, relieve dryness and chapping, and shield against the elements.
- Like No. 28 Primer Serum, this product is enriched with 14 essential oils: Bois De Rose, Lavender, Geranium, Petitgrain, Lemon, Rosemary, Vanilla, Clove, Amyris, Orange, Ylang Ylang, Eucalyptus, Cedar and Rose Geranium; 10 lipid-rich plant oils, including Hazelnut, Kukui Nut, Rose Hip, Borage, Olive, Green Tea, Cherry Pit, Sweet Almond, Jojoba, and Evening Primrose; and is fortified with 4 Vitamins, A, B5, C and E. The 28 ingredients create a protective barrier for lips.
- Three powerful actives:
- Saliporine 8, an extract derived from a hardy succulent, was shown to reinforce the natural moisturizing factor of the skin. Moisture levels in the skin increase by 6000% after applying it twice a day for 28 days.
- Volulip™, a blend of a plant extract and the natural peptide Pal-KMO2K, helps remedy internal and external lip texture. In clinical testing, Volulip™ improved lip shape, softness, volume, and hydration for 69% of volunteers.
- In clinical testing, K3 Viamerine has been shown to hydrate all three epidermal layers and reduce the depth and appearance of wrinkles.
- A 24kt gold-plated, anti-bacterial palladium tip dispenses product and creates a cooling effect on the lips.
- Lip treatment can be worn day or night.
- Free of parabens, phthalates, sulfates, synthetic dyes and petroleum derivatives.
Ingredients: Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Octyldodecanol, Amyris (Amyris Balsamifera) Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora Wood Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Benzoin Siam Absolute, Bois De Rose (Aniba Rosaeodora) Oil, Borage (Borago Officinalis) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cedar (Thuja Occidentalis) Leef Oil, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Cherry (Prunus Avium) Pit Oil, Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Oil, Dimethylmethoxy Chromanol, Eucalyptus Globulus Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Geranium (Geranium Maculatum) Oil, Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) Oil, Hazelnut (Corylus Americana) Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Jojoba (Simmondsia Chinensis) Oil, Kukui (Aleurites Moluccana) Nut Oil, Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia) Oil, Lemon (Citrus Medica Limonum) Peel Oil, Lithospermum Officinale Root Extract, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Olive(Olea Europaea) Oil, Orange (Citrus Aurantium Dulcis) Peel Oil, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Panthenyl Triacetate, Petitgrain (Citrus Reticulata) Oil, Portulaca Pilosa Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Rose Geranium (Pelargonium Roseum) Oil, Rose Hips Seed Oil, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Leaf Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sucrose Cocoate, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Vanilla (Vanilla Planifolia) Oil, Ylang Ylang (Cananga Odorata) Oil.
|Above: Hourglass #28 Lip Oil under Youngblood Debalicious lipstick...this lip oil makes an excellent, conditioning, semi-shiny base for lip color!|
Bottom Line: I am so impressed with the Hourglass #28 Lip Oil...its ingenious packaging and cushiony texture work together to create a luxe experience that is improving my chronically dry lips with every application. The fact that, over time, it works to reduce lip lines and wrinkles is a bonus; I am loving this botanical wonder...highly recommended!
What do YOU use to combat dry lips? Will you be trying #28?
**PR sample provided for review, however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. This post contains affiliate links; my disclosure policy contains additional details on how these work.