Finding a perfect foundation match is a Sisyphean task...as soon as you discover the right shade in ideal formula, the season changes (thereby altering the shade of your skin) and the search begins all over again!
In response to the request of Ekirii, one of my lovely Beauty Professor readers, the following images reflect some of my favorite foundations in the NC 25-NC 30 range. I figured that if she needed to see the spectrum, perhaps other readers are in a similar situation, hence this post!
As it stands right now, I am around a NC 27 or so and am currently enjoying wearing a lot of GA Maestro 6.5, By Terry Cover Expert in #9 and Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick in #5 (Natural). The Tom Ford foundation will be reviewed soon as it is quite new to my collection and fast becoming a favorite!
I hope that these swatches are helpful...don't hesitate to comment or email me should you have any questions...
The Beauty Professor
|All shades in natural light.|
1. Koh Gen Do Aqua foundation in OC-2 is a very golden warm medium beige closest to a NC 30.
2. Ellis Faas Skin Veil in S103 is a light beige with neutral to almost pink undertones...it is a closest to a NW 25.
3. Ellis Faas Skin Veil in S104 is a medium beige with warm undertones...closest to NC 27-30...it is peachier (rather than gold) than the KGD in OC-2.
4. By Terry Cover Expert in #9 Honey Beige is a light to medium beige with warm undertones...it is closest to a blend of the Giorgio Armani Maestro in 5.5 and 6.5 though a bit yellower overall...about NC 27.
5. Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in #6 is closest to NC 25 (but more like NC 23 or so)...it is a light yellow beige that appears lighter than all other foundations in this lineup! Those who are in the NC 25 to NC 30 range would be better off in the SSE in #7 or #8.
6. Giorgio Armani Maestro in 5.5 is a light to medium peachy beige with mostly neutral undertones. Closest to a NC 25-27.
7. Giorgio Armani Maestro in 6.5 is a light to medium beige with golden undertones. Closest to a NC 27.
8. Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick in #5 (Natural) is a light to medium beige with warm yellow undertones closest to a NC 25-27...this is perfect for my fading, post summer skin!
|In the shade.|
|In the shade.|
|In medium shade.|
|In direct sunlight.|