THE LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD
Recently, I received the delightful news that I had been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by the effervescent Alyse of Shallowwonderland and am happy to carry on this enjoyable blogger tradition!
For those not familiar, the Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers...Liebster in German means sweet, dear, beloved, endearing and kind, therefore signifying the goodwill and appreciation that is communicated between fellow bloggers.
The rules for receiving this award are simple...
1. Each recipient must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger as set for you plus create 11 questions for the bloggers you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 bloggers and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs!
11 Things About Myself:
1. I am an avid coffee and tea drinker...caramel macchiatos and green tea are my favorites.
2. I have a precious Peke-a-Poo puppy named Jethro.
3. I am hopelessly devoted to watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise, even though I know it is ridiculous.
4. I am a voracious reader.
5. I was raised on classic films and have a special place in my heart for silent movies.
6. I have always lived at the beach.
7. My husband and I have known each other since high school (though we didn't date until college!).
8. I spend a great deal of my life helping others to "find their authentic voice" as public speakers.
9. I am extremely close to my parents and brother.
10. I can identify and remember the name of whatever lip color I am wearing in any picture I've ever taken...a basically useless talent.
11. Without glasses or contacts, I cannot see the "big E" at the eye doctor : )
Alyse's Questions for Me:
1. Who is your favorite fashion designer?
I appreciate many designers, but have a special place in my heart for my brother, Seth Wegter. He designs and handcrafts handbags and the end result is phenomenal. His website is: www.sethwegter.com
2. What is your favorite make up brand?
It is a four way tie with Sunday Riley, Le Metier de Beaute, Rouge Bunny Rouge and Koh Gen Do.
3. Who is your style icon?
Audrey Hepburn, Natalie Wood, Louise Brooks and my mom!
4. What is your biggest goal this year?
I would like to keep growing my blog to reach an even wider audience and continue to work with brands that I admire.
5. What is your dream job?
Teaching communication...blessed to already be doing it!
6. What is your favorite music? Band? Artist?
Stylistically, I like R&B, jazz and easy rock; I love listening to Swing Out Sister, Sade, the Cure, Phoenix, Hall and Oates, Carole King and a variety of show tunes.
7. What did you study?
I studied Interpersonal Communication as both an undergraduate and in graduate school.
8. What is at the top of your wish list?
I never tire of cutting edge foundations and pinky nude lip color...so they are forever on the top of my wish list.
9. What is the last book you've read?
I just finished "The Chaperone" by Laura Moriarty. It is historical fiction that focuses on both Louise Brooks at the start of her career and the woman who accompanied her on her first trip to New York. Completely compelling from start to finish.
10. Describe your style?
Clean and classic.
11. What made you start blogging?
Starting Beauty Professor was a gift to myself after finishing co-authoring a college-level public speaking textbook (out next month!). I have such a love for beauty products, have amassed quite a collection and often share product advice with those in my life...I was excited to channel my passion for cosmetics into something as tangible as this blog!
My Questions for the Nominees:
1. What is your favorite beauty product?
2. What is the last great movie you've seen?
3. What are four words to describe you?
4. What time of day do you do most of your blog posts? Why?
5. Who inspires you?
6. Where is the last great place you've traveled?
7. Where do you find yourself shopping most?
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
9. What do you love/appreciate most about yourself?
10. What are some beauty products that are always in your purse/cosmetics bag?
11. What is your motivation for blogging?
My Nominations:Copper Closet
Fresh Look Beauty Blog
|Jethro says "Congratulations!"|