Very few cancelled TV shows hold up as well as the original Charlie's Angels. Although the plot lines can be a bit silly at times, the sheer joy of watching its three heroines fight crime and corruption while looking perpetually glamorous is undeniable. Everyone is entitled to their favorite Angel, and mine is Kelly Garrett, played by the sophisticated Jaclyn Smith. Her skin is polished and luminous, her eye makeup is minimal and her lips are always painted a shiny nude. She can run quickly in tight jeans and heels, pull a S & W Centennial Airweight .38 special out of a very tiny purse and shoot the bad guy without killing him. Erstwhile, her makeup remains pristine. It is inspirational, indeed. The following images reflect my attempt to recreate one of her classic Charlie's Angels-era looks (above).
This look is all about neutrals and a heavy dose of bronzer to create contour...
1. Rouge Bunny Rouge Milk Aquarelle Foundation in Chesnut Milk Parfait applied with the Sephora Airbrush
2. Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC3 over any darkness or blemishes
3. Rouge Bunny Rouge Bronzing Powder in Netherway Cove applied on cheekbones
4. Rouge Bunny Rouge Blush in Delicata on apples of cheeks
5. Edward Bess All Over Seduction Illuminator in Sunlight applied to brow bone, high cheekbones and down center of nose.
2. Anastasia Brow Duo in Brunette (lighter color only...applied very lightly)
2. Illamasqua Gloss in Absorb (dotted in center of bottom lip)
Total Application Time: 5 minutes...minimal eye makeup is a time saver for sure!