This is the first in a series of many swatch-laden Sunday Riley product reviews. When I arrived at Barney's, I was informed that the Sunday Riley lip color counter testers had just arrived; much to my chagrin, they were not available for purchase yet, however, I couldn't resist testing their color-saturated perfection on my arm. I am fairly certain that this is their Internet debut!
The lipsticks come in a golden square case (designed by the same individual who fashioned the lipsticks in Tom Ford's eponymous line) and the creamy, moisturizing coverage runs from sheer to very opaque, depending on the color (formulated in part by Stila's Jeanine Lobell).
While there seemed to be about twenty colors, I selected a diverse collection of nine to swatch.
1. Mona Lisa (#106) is a very pale, sheer nude with a peach undertone
2. Coral Reef (#102) is a medium coral with warm peachy undertones and opaque coverage
3. Trenchcoat (#107) is a medium coverage nude with pink undertones (cannot wait to own this...accidentally labeled this "trench" in the swatches)
4. Bare Honey (#104) is a medium coverage "your lips but better" neutral rose shade
5. Shakespeare (#114) is a light true 60's pink with full coverage (another one I plan to buy!)
6. Sugar Blossom (#115) is a full coverage medium pink (deeper than Shakespeare)
7. Duchess (#105) is a medium to dark pink with plum/violet undertones...very regal in person.
8. Chameleon (#100) looks black/dark brown in the tube (with very subtle green shimmer); this sounds like it could be unflattering, but when swatched, it actually translates into a sheer brown hue that is very on trend.
9. Sunday (#117) is a full coverage true red (with warm undertones). It is named after Sunday Riley and apparently is one of her favorites.
These lip colors were absolute beautiful and I cannot wait for them to become available (supposedly in the next couple of weeks) so they can go from my arm to my lips. They are a lovely addition to the growing Sunday Riley line and are sure to be another item to covet.
Above: Mona Lisa, Coral Reef, Trenchcoat, Bare Honey, Shakespeare, Sugar Blossom, Duchess, Chameleon and Sunday Lip Colors